Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Inside EVs has posted some of the October USA plug-in vehicle sales figures:

https://insideevs.com/monthly-plug-in-sales-scorecard/

October saw a record-breaking 2,781 Bolt EV sales. Sales figures for many vehicles have not been reported yet for this month, but it looks like the Bolt will be the number 1 selling EV, outpacing Model S and Model X sales combined. Model 3 figures have not yet been released...but it's pretty certain those will be extremely low given the well-publicized production issues.

·
Registered
782 Posts
LOL Model 3 Production numbers - {sigh} Elon...I really thought/hoped/dreamed the Model 3 would be different - but alas it’s Tesla - they will get it going eventually.

·
Registered
770 Posts
October saw a record-breaking 2,781 Bolt EV sales.
It sure would be interesting to see the demographics of the new Bolt buyers.

I wonder how many are trading in/upgrading from Volts, i3's and Leafs, as well as if any
are abandoning their TM3 reservations for the Bolt. And the %tage of net-new EV
converts.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
LOL Model 3 Production numbers - {sigh} Elon...I really thought/hoped/dreamed the Model 3 would be different - but alas it’s Tesla - they will get it going eventually.
Yes - Tesla has established a pretty solid reputation for publicizing overly optimistic timelines, which draws lots of criticism. But they also have a reputation for delivering the goods eventually.

I have no doubt that the Model 3 will be a strong contender, the only question is when. The big risk for Tesla is that if the delay is too long they will miss an important window of opportunity as other products come to market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts