Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
BOLT ! with 2781 .. one of those was mine ;)
You have to wonder if the Model S dropped by so much, was it because there is FINALLY a nother car that will go the same distance at a cheaper price?
First month of the quarter.
Tesla always pushes tons of cars out at the end of the quarter, so last month had the big bump. That pattern is very easy to see if you look at the chart you posted.
It's possible (but unlikely) that the Bolt will outsell the Model S for the year. To do that we'd likely need to see >5K/mo in Bolt sales the next couple of months.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The biggest jump and decline for October were Chrysler and Tesla

+ Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid (+700 from previous month)
- Tesla S (-3740 from previous month)

Bolt just climbed to 2nd in total sales year-to-date

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually I can't wait till NEXT year to see how the Bolt does.

If the Leaf ever gets that kind of mileage there 'maybe' a contender. But there are many that really don't like the Leaf look.

·
Registered
6,013 Posts
Actually I can't wait till NEXT year to see how the Bolt does.

If the Leaf ever gets that kind of mileage there 'maybe' a contender. But there are many that really don't like the Leaf look.
In my view, the Bolt and Leaf are about equivalent in appearance. Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beerholder.

I'm sure it will do quite well considering the existing Leaf base and the recognition the general public has. The difference in range with the Bolt is not a hindrance for most people as the main utility of an EV is local driving; and both have DCFC ability.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Bolt will probably be number 2 in overall sales next year, too - because the Model 3 will be coming onstream and it will likely eclipse all the other BEVs in terms of sales.
I doubt it, they have to MAKE that many "3's" and, like me, I couldn't/wouldn't want to wait that long. What is the reservation amount so far ? And then there is the Gov rebate that may or may not be around then.

I am just proud. This is a FINE car, even with the shitty seats :p

·
Registered
134 Posts
I doubt it, they have to MAKE that many "3's" and, like me, I couldn't/wouldn't want to wait that long. What is the reservation amount so far ? And then there is the Gov rebate that may or may not be around then.

I am just proud. This is a FINE car, even with the shitty seats :p
+1 on the shitty seats.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just posted November 2017 Bolt sales of 2987 units. 13 shy of 3000!

The numbers keep rising.....Gee, I wonder why?

Easily GM's most tecnologically important car in the last 20 years...except maybe the Volt. Its a toss up.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
This is what I do not get. Meanwhile GM is laying off over 7,000 employees in Ontario, Canada and in some places in the US due to low sales in general... I really hope I am not buying a product which its brand will become obsolete in a few years and we’ll have no technical support...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts