Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just checked again (5 mins ago) - didn't drive yet the car today - and the results are pretty consistent with what I've seen in the last two days.
The battery capacity estimation is constant from day to day, from charge cycle to charge cycle. Is this normal ? Usually people have different readings of the same battery capacity...
Photograph Green Product Rectangle Black

·
Registered
766 Posts
Been running EngineLink for about a year (meaning I check the DIDs every now and then).

My original battery at 49500 miles reads 51.5kwh. Still waiting for my replacement.

I recently made two 411mile trips with DCFC and ran it down to 15miles range remaining twice.

Because of the spacing of the DCFC for this trip, I could probably drop to 48kwh capacity and still make it (would require longer charges because I run at the bottom of charge for the quickest charging stops).

·
Registered
12/16 build, 2017, white LT
13,530 Posts
Usually people have different readings of the same battery capacity...

Yours will too, eventually. Try charging to 18-20 bars/90%-100%, and running it down to 3 bars/15% or less. You will most like see it recalibrate then. Just commuting 40-50 miles a day, and recharging, it may not recalibrate for months.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dump the Raw SoC PID, and install the Batt % DIC PID. The Raw SoC is a unicorn. There is no way to charge to 100% Raw. The BMS prevents the battery from every hitting that high a voltage, so it is pointless to track.
Done. Thank you !
Photograph Green Rectangle Product Black

It now matches the MyChevrolet app SOC value (rounded)
Font Circle Terrestrial plant Screenshot Darkness

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yours will too, eventually. Try charging to 18-20 bars/90%-100%, and running it down to 3 bars/15% or less. You will most like see it recalibrate then. Just commuting 40-50 miles a day, and recharging, it may not recalibrate for months.
Thank you. Well, it will happen when I'll be in vacation. I don't usually charge to 100% unless I realy need it. But, I am due to charge to 100% just to force the cell ballancing (even though I read the cell ballancing is done also at lower levels than 100%).

·
Registered
12/16 build, 2017, white LT
13,530 Posts
Done. Thank you !
View attachment 43215

It now matches the MyChevrolet app SOC value (rounded)
For cell voltages, I like to see three decimal places. If you press on the gauge with your finger, a menu will pop up. Press display configuration, next menu...number of decimal places, set to 3 and save. As far as I know, you need to do it for each cell gauge individually. It was a real pain. I seem to remember some programming guru saying you can do them all at once by blah, blah, blah. Went right over my head. o_O

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Just took again my readings just now. Still same old, same old.
Product Green Rectangle Font Line

Something is just not right though. The average is 3.85 and the max voltage is 3.84. Can’t be true. The conclusion : don’t trust everything an app does.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just checked the battery now. The cold weather is back. Interesting enough, the battery temperature is 15C while in the garage it's about 10C.
Product Green Rectangle Font Line

Vehicle Gadget Font Audio equipment Communication Device

1 - 20 of 30 Posts