Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
The only official answer is to replace at the dealer. They and usually other tire stores can get the actual OEM installed tire. Oddly OEM tires of same make and model can be quite different from the normal store exact same make and model tire.
The BMW i3 has no options. One tire only, The Bolt has a number of choices but only one fits the OEM bill. If you ain't skerd then go with normal tires. I replaced my run flats on Vette with regular because I was tired of the noise. I think Bolt tires are pretty quiet and come with slime in them. :)
I do carry more slime, compressor and can of goo just in case.

·
Registered
'17 Bolt Premier
37 Posts
Nokian Entyre 2.0. Had them on a Prius a few years ago. Lasted 70k, no problems. Lower rolling resistance than the Michelins but really good traction. If I keep my Bolt, that's what I'll use when these OEMs wear out.
I was deeply disappointed in the Entyre 2.0 when I bought them for my wife's New Beetle Convertible. The car is gone, but the tires were not very good. They were loud, didn't handle particularly well, and they wore faster than they claimed. Glad they worked out better for you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had the continental pure contacts for almost 2 years and probably 20k miles or so, they track grooved concrete, but otherwise have been fine. Two have been replaced, one from a screw shortly after purchase, and another from a sidewall bubble earlier this year. No issues in the snow so far, and range seems similar to the originals. I've seen over 5 miles/kWh at times this summer, at lower speeds in nice temperatures.

·
Registered
2018 Bolt Premium with every option
181 Posts
When our OEM tires need replacing, we'll probably go with the same LRR Michelin, but without the self-sealing goop; costs less, weighs less, same range.

jack vines
The self sealing intentionally doesn't cover the tread close to the sidewall anyway. Better off with less weight and a plug kit.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am very happy with my set of Continental Pure Contact LS. Can’t compare efficiently with the OEM tires since I bought the car used with this set of new tires. Grip is good in the wet and dry and I don’t tend to spin the fronts even with aggressive acceleration. No snow experience yet.

I did destroy one by running over something sharp on the highway, but that’s not the tire’s fault…
We are going to Continentals when ours wear down, in our experience a better tire.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought my 2017 used with Goodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S tires. They were quiet and seemed to handle rain fine, but they wore out at 30k miles. Reviews on Tire Rack, particularly by Tesla drivers, pointed me to Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack. After 2k miles, I can say they're very quiet, and I'm getting as good or better miles per kWh (4.5-5.1) although I don't drive above 60 often and don't know how they'll do on an extended freeway trip. They seem to do fine in the rain, and they have a high traction rating on Tire Rack. Here in central NC, snow and ice aren't much of a concern. These tires are not self-sealing, but I carry a spare and a jack.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks everyone. Due to availability issues i went with the continental Pure Contact. Just got them this morning so can't really form an opinion yet.

·
Registered
378 Posts
If GM isn't building the cars then there ought to be tires. Dealer usually has first dibs on the tires.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts