Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chevrolet has removed the official FB page for the Bolt on or around January 30th. This is potentially in response to early interest, and the implications of actually having to produce the car in the face of it. I would advise Bolt enthusiasts to demand that the FB site, which would also feature prominently in most search engine results be returned. Stay active on this. Update Wikipedia as well, and focus on supplying a mirror type entry to the Chevy Volt, in terms of layout.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Chevrolet has removed the official FB page for the Bolt on or around January 30th. This is potentially in response to early interest, and the implications of actually having to produce the car in the face of it. I would advise Bolt enthusiasts to demand that the FB site, which would also feature prominently in most search engine results be returned. Stay active on this. Update Wikipedia as well, and focus on supplying a mirror type entry to the Chevy Volt, in terms of layout.
Problem is if GM doesnt intend to name it the bolt it simply steals the marketing thunder or whatever will eventually be in its place...

·
Registered
14 Posts
GM says there's a chance they'll change the name, but also that the name fits with the 'electricity' theme of the Volt and Spark EV.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I created a new FB page for us Bolt fans!
https://www.facebook.com/ChevroletBoltEV

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Excellent wxxyz! It strongly resembles the original from Chevy. I had a very strange correspondence with someone from Chevy about the page shortly before they took it down. Now it's time to bring the your new page up to 100 likes this month. You might simply copy updates from the Chevrolet main FB page, or create a Google alert for "Chevy Bolt" and all the latest reports will come to you, then transfer them.

Btw, I co-founded pluginamerica.org and worked on the film "Who Killed the Electric Car?". One of our original members, Chelsea Sexton, prominently featured in the film, wrote this blog piece about why she advocates for EVs. If you're in need of a dose of motivation to build up this Bolt Facebook page, her story will serve you well....

https://evchels.wordpress.com/2011/03/10/the-devil-i-know/

Please move forward with this. We need you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts