Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked my early-November order status and my delivery is now at the beginning of 2017. My Colorado tax incentive goes from $6K this year to $5K next. Plus, the new administration could mess with the Federal tax rebate. I WANT MY BOLT NOW!!!! :mad::mad:

Any dealer with uncommitted stock prior to the end of the year anywhere in the nation has a sale if they can post below. I know others are similarly situated so lets get the word out on where these cars are available!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
787 Posts
You are not likely to lose the Federal Tax Credit on January 22nd. It will take Congress months to craft legislation that would repeal the Federal Tax Credit, if they indeed plan to do so. Keep in mind that it was a Republican administration that signed the act in the first place that established the tax credit. There was clearly broad bi-partisan support for the credit at the time.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Delivery guessing game

I just checked my early-November order status and my delivery is now at the beginning of 2017. My Colorado tax incentive goes from $6K this year to $5K next. Plus, the new administration could mess with the Federal tax rebate. I WANT MY BOLT NOW!!!! :mad::mad:

Any dealer with uncommitted stock prior to the end of the year anywhere in the nation has a sale if they can post below. I know others are similarly situated so lets get the word out on where these cars are available!!!!!
As a noobie to the site, seems like a guessing game, when Chevy will start shipping.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Cars are built and starting to ship to dealers. Maybe we are a week away from the initial wave?
I'll be on the look out on social media since thats the first place dealers tend to post about arrivals. seen it happen over and over.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Nightfall Gray LT - DCFC - Comfort & Convenience - Driver Confidence I
Orange Burst Premiere - DCFC - Light Ash/White Interior - Infotainment - Confidence II

Status Code 4000 - VIN #'s available - Arrival in OR 2-3 weeks

Send me a PM and I'll put you in touch with the dealer

·
Registered
55 Posts
Instagram and twitter are definitely huge sources. I've seen people posting pictures of other brand new car shipments with them driving off boats and what not.
@DucRider is winning, send him a PM !

·
Registered
39 Posts
This car is mine now. I just put down a deposit. Thanks Gary!
Reeler, I'm gald you found your Bolt and that is an impressive list of cars in your signature line! Assuming that you still have/plan to keep some combination or all of the other cars in your signature line how will the Bolt fit in? Kudos to Chevy as the Bolt looks like a significant accomplishment, but if I could afford a Model X I'd probably get one and call it a day even though I'd prefer something a bit smaller (Model Y?).

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Are they all premier trim Bolts? I assumed the demand was high enough that dealerships won't have any uncommitted Bolts for a while.

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
Are they all premier trim Bolts? I assumed the demand was high enough that dealerships won't have any uncommitted Bolts for a while.
I believe Rydell had a very large initial allocation (like over 100), so I'm thinking they weren't quite able to pre-sell their entire allotment. But sounds like they sold most of them.

Chevy said that the "majority" of orders were for Premier Bolts...so if there are unclaimed Bolts, they are likely Premier trim.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I believe Rydell had a very large initial allocation (like over 100), so I'm thinking they weren't quite able to pre-sell their entire allotment. But sounds like they sold most of them.

Chevy said that the "majority" of orders were for Premier Bolts...so if there are unclaimed Bolts, they are likely Premier trim.
With all those allocations and Bolts said to be on the way, i'll be keeping on eye on their social media to see what pops up. Incase anyone also want those social media links, here they are:

https://www.facebook.com/Rydellcars
https://twitter.com/rydellcars
https://www.youtube.com/user/rydellcars/videos
https://www.instagram.com/rydellcars/

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts

Oh, and also, Chevy said 90% of orders had the fast charging option checked.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Reeler, I'm gald you found your Bolt and that is an impressive list of cars in your signature line! Assuming that you still have/plan to keep some combination or all of the other cars in your signature line how will the Bolt fit in? Kudos to Chevy as the Bolt looks like a significant accomplishment, but if I could afford a Model X I'd probably get one and call it a day even though I'd prefer something a bit smaller (Model Y?).
I keep a car in San Diego and DC for business and need something small as my garage in San Diego is tiny. I plan to put the Bolt in San Diego to replace a LEAF so that I can get to LA now with the better range. 100 mile range is fine for DC so my 2016 LEAF will go there so my 2013 LEAF can be sold.

I think a Model Y would be perfect for Colorado as the S is too large for my garage and my normal commute downtown. I do want range and AWD for Colorado. I have reservations for a couple Model 3s so they might work. But, I just don't like the Tesla interiors and cultism so maybe not. My wife loves her Model X even though it tends to end up in the shop quite often, but me and the kids hate it.

Four modern EVs are about right for my situation, but then come the classic cars. I have a 1957 Karmann Ghia and 1955 VW Bettle sunroof being restored and converted to electric. If the Ghia turns out well, it might become my ride for San Diego.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I keep a car in San Diego and DC for business and need something small as my garage in San Diego is tiny. I plan to put the Bolt in San Diego to replace a LEAF so that I can get to LA now with the better range. 100 mile range is fine for DC so my 2016 LEAF will go there so my 2013 LEAF can be sold.

I think a Model Y would be perfect for Colorado as the S is too large for my garage and my normal commute downtown. I do want range and AWD for Colorado. I have reservations for a couple Model 3s so they might work. But, I just don't like the Tesla interiors and cultism so maybe not. My wife loves her Model X even though it tends to end up in the shop quite often, but me and the kids hate it.

Four modern EVs are about right for my situation, but then come the classic cars. I have a 1957 Karmann Ghia and 1955 VW Bettle sunroof being restored and converted to electric. If the Ghia turns out well, it might become my ride for San Diego.
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a very nice setup. Your Bolt should fit right in, but I've always loved the look of the Karmann Ghias! I'll continue to wait impatiently for the DC auto show so I can sit in one of these things and check out the seats first hand. Hopefully Maryland will be on the list to get cars early next year as we are also a ZEV state. If not, I'll keep an eye on this thread for West Coast dealers who have stock. Tesla is too cool for school and a future Model Y sounds VERY enticing, but I think they are going to have a lot of trouble scaling up to meet Model 3 demand. Sorry to hijack the thread!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nightfall Gray LT - DCFC - Comfort & Convenience - Driver Confidence I
Orange Burst Premiere - DCFC - Light Ash/White Interior - Infotainment - Confidence II

Status Code 4000 - VIN #'s available - Arrival in OR 2-3 weeks

Send me a PM and I'll put you in touch with the dealer
Can't PM and I'm in California...but that Orange Burst is configured EXACTLY the way I want mine. Chances of finding another just like it seem slim. I'm guessing I will have to custom order and wait longer...or fly to Oregon and have a very slow trip back. Hm...

·
Super Moderator
2,067 Posts
So FYI, the Keyes Chevy GM in SoCal told me they have received 170 allocations for Bolts to date, and that they expect 70 to be delivered by the end of the month, with the other 100 to be delivered in Jan (possibly even Feb). *120* have already been reserved by people putting down deposits, so there is pretty much 0 chance of snagging a "loose" Bolt this year. Unless someone backs out and one manages to swoop in like a hawk.

I am one of those initial 70....w00t!

·
Registered
34 Posts

I'm in Colorado as well. Is your order at a Colorado Dealer? If so, can you please tell me which one?
I would place an order today f I could find a dealer who can take an order here in Colorado.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts