1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
347 Posts
A bold move by Sony if they follow through with it. They'll probably have growing pains, like Tesla, learning to build cars.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
A Tesla clone, but knowing Sony, they will design their own proprietary plug just to be different!
Good thing this thing will never see the road.
Sony = evil!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Traditional car companies will be dead or absorbed by technology companies in the next 10 years. Companies like Sony, Apple, and startups will join Tesla and make the traditional car obsolete.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
It's just a platform to show off their car electronic products. It's the same as a condo developer constructing a set of small show suites with appliances - it doesn't mean that they're going into the appliance business.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
So, instead of the Walkman, now there is the Driveman?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Exciting but absent any talk of actually coming to market, I would think they are just showcasing their suite of car technology. Time will tell whether they actually want to get into the low-margin automotive game, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
A Tesla clone, but knowing Sony, they will design their own proprietary plug just to be different!
Good thing this thing will never see the road.
Sony = evil!
And switch the locations of the accelerator and brake pedals and make out go through 14 menus to change the cabin temperature. I can remember when Sony was a will respected brand, but now, life is too short to put up with their user hostile design.

·
Registered
490 Posts
My impression is that Sony is an "over the hill" company. Now it wants to build an electric car? I'll bet a paycheck it never makes it to mass market...

·
Registered
571 Posts
My impression is that Sony is an "over the hill" company. Now it wants to build an electric car? I'll bet a paycheck it never makes it to mass market...
I could see them selling tech that goes into the cars - Cameras , displays and other electronics;
Wireless V2V sharing? just don't stand in the middle?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts