Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post! Wife and I just bought a blue 2019 Bolt LT in Austin, TX. Pulled it back home to Midland, TX on a tow dolly behind our motorhome. Now I'm plowing through the Owners Manual trying to figure out all the gadgets.

So far we love it! When I drive it I can't keep the grin off my face. I'm old, but I try to keep up.

Hoping to learn lots of good info from those of you who have gone before. No sense reinventing the wheel.

Thanks for having us!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Welcome to the EV club! Enjoy your new Bolt.

Yes, lots of useful information here from many Bolt owners since 2017 (-16?). I have learned a lot from reading through the various old and new posts here. Everyone here seems very helpful in my experience.
I'm almost 60 days into my Bolt ownership and the information here has been invaluable to me in so many different areas. I didn't know how much i didn't know until I bought my Bolt :D

·
Registered
431 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That smile is called the EV grin. Just watch YouTube videos of people driving an electric car for the first time and you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Tons of useful stuff on here. I would suggest using Google to search for topics you are interested in. This new setup the forum is on has a worse internal search feature than the old one.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Welcome! You’ll come to discover that this forum is an invaluable resource adjunct to your manual. At least it has been for us.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Welcome, from another old guy and gal. We've owned our Bolt for two years now and still enjoy driving it.

One thing GM did wonderfully well is make the Bolt uncomplicated to own and operate. The Bolt requires no special knowledge or operator skills; however, it does reward those who learn its capabilities. Our younger generation says the single best feature of the Bolt is how it integrates Apple Play. (Huh, what's that?) As with our smart phones, we only use a small percentage of the Bolt's software capabilities, but as local transportation, it's 100% grins.

jack vines

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
I'm like an iphone on repeat with this but.. its quicker to 60 than a Arbath 500 or FiST. Thats where the grin comes from. Not marketed to same demographic those are, but its a quick little hatch.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Old? The first PC's came out when I was in my 20's. I remember the first cell phones, too . I was too busy working to appreciate the electronic revolution that was going on around me. But I'm not going to miss the next "revolution"...the EV revolution. It's going to change the world in a similar way that PC's and cell phones did. And I'm enjoying every minute of it :). It's a great time to be alive.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thanks for all the great replies. Our Bolt is sitting happily in our garage, getting used to new surroundings. From reading here on the forum, I have already started on my first project: painting the center of the front Chevy emblem black. Thanks to helpful tips here, I was able to remove the emblem from the grill without difficulty. Going to town today to get some suitable black paint.

I'm gonna enjoy hanging out here with you guys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts