Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way of getting to the total (i.e. lifetime) miles per kWh from the car? I ask this because I've read in some of postings that the numbers posted for the lifetime within the Chevy app are inaccurate. The second reason I ask is that I reset my trip odometers to track trips and now have realized I can't get lifetime anymore. Or maybe I just can't find it.

Oh, and I have a non-networked JuiceBox so I can't ask it for kWhs delivered.

Thanks,
SFT

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Is there a way of getting to the total (i.e. lifetime) miles per kWh from the car? I ask this because I've read in some of postings that the numbers posted for the lifetime within the Chevy app are inaccurate. The second reason I ask is that I reset my trip odometers to track trips and now have realized I can't get lifetime anymore. Or maybe I just can't find it.

Oh, and I have a non-networked JuiceBox so I can't ask it for kWhs delivered.

Thanks,
SFT
Go to the myChevrolet app, select "Vehicle Status", scroll to the bottom. There will be an efficiency section with "Lifetime" and "Since Full Charge" tabs. Don't be concerned if the Lifetime figure seems abnormally low at first. As you put more miles on the car, the value will go up to a more accurate number. Mine started out at 1.2 miles and it only had 10 miles on it. 2000 miles later, that figure is now up to 2.8 miles. By the time the vehicle gets to 5000 miles I fully expect to have an accurate lifetime average.

·
Registered
368 Posts
By the time the vehicle gets to 5000 miles I fully expect to have an accurate lifetime average.
I recommend you lower your expectations. I'm over 8,000 miles, and the lifetime average is still too low by approximately 0.4 mpk, which is pretty significant - more than 10% error in my case. I have a good idea of the actual mpk, because I monitor regularly in the Chevy app (the Onstar app also), and I've never reset the trip meter in the car.

Perhaps by 50k miles the error will be no more than 0.1 mpk. Or perhaps not. All I know for sure is there's something wrong with the lifetime number in the app.

:eek:

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Both the OnStar app and the myChevrolet app give inaccurate data. In the OnStar app for vehicle diagnostics, it reports my tire pressure as 38 psi for all 4 tires. In the myChevrolet app, it reports 3 of them at 39, and 1 at 38 psi. They also report effeciency in two totally different ways MPGe in the OnStar app, and miles/kWh in myChevroet. Predicted range is also different, 130 versus 131 miles. And even charge percentage differs, 63 versus 64.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same question as the OP, but apparently the answers is to rely (or not?) on the app.
I have a 2020 that I feel should have more than the 3.7 miles per kwh currently showing, especially considering my driving style lack of climate control usage.
It seems even the guess-o-meter believes mpkwh should be increased as it shows a range of up to 331 miles on a charge (with ~800 miles on the car).
PS yes, I realize I took the pic while driving... but I was going reealy slow.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
I have the same question as the OP, but apparently the answers is to rely (or not?) on the app.
I have a 2020 that I feel should have more than the 3.7 miles per kwh currently showing, especially considering my driving style lack of climate control usage.
It seems even the guess-o-meter believes mpkwh should be increased as it shows a range of up to 331 miles on a charge (with ~800 miles on the car).
PS yes, I realize I took the pic while driving... but I was going reealy slow.
I think we all needed to reset the trip meter when we first got our Bolt's. The estimate is terribly skewed from the factory. The car's brain wakes up with a new battery that only has a partial charge with who know what kind of default values programmed in. Then it's put to sleep in shipping mode. It took many miles to improve the m/kWh number. At 10,000 miles I had 4.6 miles/kWh. I reset the trip meter before my recall programming that I knew would wipe my stored info. Now, after 10,000 more miles after the reset, I'm at 5 miles/kWh. So the first 10,000 miles was still adjusting from the initial starting point.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
I came from having ridden a homebuilt electric assist bicycle for six years. I zero out my computer, and log data, including Wh/mi for every ride.

I zero out the Bolt too before every drive, but I don't bother to keep track of mi/kWh. It is all proprietary equipment. I can't replace, or modify anything. It is what it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts