Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure of how many may be affected by this, but I am severely red/green color blind. Many of the features of the Bolt rely on these colors to relay power consumption, efficiency, etc.....
The worst issue is I cannot tell when climate control features such as heat-A/C-power seats-are on or off.
Does anyone else have this issue? With 8% of the male population of the US red/green colorblind, this issue must affect others.
Has anyone heard of a way to change colors of controls/switches since I would think these are all LED generated colors?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Have you tried sitting in one and playing around with its controls? The HVAC controls have a UI and a physical button component. You can tell if the HVAC is on if the orange LEDs on the physical buttons are lit. You can also tell if the HVAC is on if the UI says there is a fan speed of 1 or greater (I think it reads "--" if the fan is off).

As for the amount of energy, I think the colors used have a luminosity difference that should be viewable if you are color blind but can still discern colors by luminosity. There's always the Guess-O-Meter which always reads how many miles you have (white text on dark green background).

If you've already purchased a Bolt, I'm surprised you didn't notice these issues during your test drive or research. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts