Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For our Nissan Leaf there was a great smartphone app to see deep into the battery and other settings with a bluetooth OBD.

Has anyone had any luck with an app and plugging in a OBD into your Bolt? If so, name the app used.

·
Registered
23 Posts
For our Nissan Leaf there was a great smartphone app to see deep into the battery and other settings with a bluetooth OBD.

Has anyone had any luck with an app and plugging in a OBD into your Bolt? If so, name the app used.
Are you talking about LeafSpy Pro? That's what I used and had been interested in a version/other similar app for the Bolt. I had sent an email to the developer asking if they had/knew of a similar app but received no response. Unfortunately, hatefulness of the seats have almost completely displaced further interest. But if such a thing existed, I wouldn't mind playing with it in the interim.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know this thread is a few months old, but I gather there is still some interest in this.

I just bought an OBD2 device today and am playing with Torque Pro. It doesnt really work out of the box, but there is a spreadsheet that the Volt guys have put together than you can load into Torque Pro and it seems to work great. It took a little finagling but it wasn't all that hard to get working.

I plan to collect some data and will report back, but from what I can see, it is working rather well.

If anyone has already done this (I know some people on this forum have) it would be terrific if you could share your experiences here. If it helps, I am happy to write down exactly what I had to do it get the data into the Torque Pro app.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
That, IS NOT and OBDII DLC. It's for the 14 volt module.
I don't recommend you plug anything into it.
My Bluetooth OBDII reader managed to survive being plugged in for a short time. Didn't get any sort of data from it. The power light was the only thing that seemed to work. Plugged it back into the regular port and everything still worked fine...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
My Bluetooth OBDII reader managed to survive being plugged in for a short time. Didn't get any sort of data from it. The power light was the only thing that seemed to work. Plugged it back into the regular port and everything still worked fine...
Yes, it has the same power supply as the OBDII DLC :nerd: This powers the interface module and allows wireless communication with the PC based software.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Yes, it has the same power supply as the OBDII DLC :nerd: This powers the interface module and allows wireless communication with the PC based software.
Is this some sort of data port for super secret diagnostics and debugging?

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Are you actually saying that in order for a diagnostic PC to wirelessly connect to the Bolt, it has to be plugged into this port? If so, it sure seems like a waste of wireless, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I think what people are confused by is that you have what appears to be two different diagnostics ports, each having the same form factor.

With the standard OBDII port by the steering wheel, you can plug in a standard Bluetooth or WiFi OBDII reader and get some useful information out of the car, like SOC, kW draw from the battery, how much power the electric motor is pulling, or putting back into the battery, read diagnostic trouble codes, and reset the check engine light among other functions.

What we want to know is what the port by the passenger is used for. I realize that as a GM tech you can't reveal too much proprietary information, especially for this mysterious port.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts