Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
LELink/EngineLink HD data - need easy way to plot

Instantaneous, at least for EngineLink on iOS. Torque Pro on Android may have logging abilities, but I haven't used that app, so I don't know for sure.
With the LELink Car diagnostic scanner and EngineLink HD iOS software, I have found that I can email the data from LELink to myself for the time period between when I connect to LELink with my iPad to when I disconnect. So, if I am charging. I connect before I start charging and disconnect when the car is charged, and then obtain all data between those two times.

My problem is that when I send the data to myself, I have a HUGE log file that seems to be taking data every 10 seconds. It needs some pretty nifty spreadsheet work to be able to plot the data. Its so much work that I have procrastinated pending some quick ways of doing it. If anyone hears of any quick ways to look at the data, some software for example, I will be glad to hear of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can change a OBD2 reader.I recently purchased the Launch CReader 4001 . This automotive scanner supports reading and erasing DTCs, I/M Readiness Status. I'm using this for my Toyota prius Plug In 2014 and working fine. Its helps me to see live data stream, turning off Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) and help me fix them quickly and efficiently,and it was easy to use and easy to understand.I think this is a must have for any car owners.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought Launch CReader 8011 specially to read ABS codes on my Mercedes Benz vehicle. I like that it comes with the storage case, USB cable and micro SD card to transfer data. It was amazing when I use it at the first time. Cleared the ABS code and gave me lots of data about my vehicle with the large and clear display. Moreover, it supports oil and epb reset,I was impressed with the product function.

·
Registered
15 Posts

I never meet such situation. To be honest, you need to pay attention on use mathods. But, the most important thing is that you should choose a good OBD2 scanner. What a great product is depends on your demends. As for me, I think Launch CRP123 is my best choice. I have used it for a long time. It worth a try.

·
Registered
15 Posts

Maybe you need to try one more time. I would like to know what brands of OBD2 scanner did you buy? Based on my use experience, I recommend LAUNCH Creader 8021 to you. With no need for additional battery power, it can be charged directly from the OBDII scanner interface.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The app used for the volt "MyGreenVolt" will show some of info. I used this app with the 7$ OBDII bluetooth adpater from wallmart.
I mainly use it to see charging wattage and battery voltage.

If you go to the settting tabs in the app, you can select battery voltage(its the one at bottom)
It shows Lo/Avg/Hi.. I was a little disappointed to see my bolt top out at only 4.12 volts per cell after full charge, and its always 4.106/4.126/4.126

·
Registered
200 Posts
With the LELink Car diagnostic scanner and EngineLink HD iOS software, I have found that I can email the data from LELink to myself for the time period between when I connect to LELink with my iPad to when I disconnect. So, if I am charging. I connect before I start charging and disconnect when the car is charged, and then obtain all data between those two times.

My problem is that when I send the data to myself, I have a HUGE log file that seems to be taking data every 10 seconds. It needs some pretty nifty spreadsheet work to be able to plot the data. Its so much work that I have procrastinated pending some quick ways of doing it. If anyone hears of any quick ways to look at the data, some software for example, I will be glad to hear of it.
Are you still interested in processing data? I have been collecting a lot myself and working on plowing through it :D

·
Registered
739 Posts
Log file to Excel

Are you still interested in processing data? I have been collecting a lot myself and working on plowing through it :D
Thanks for asking. I figured out, after a little more thought, how to move the data from the data file to Excel with extreme ease, so I am good. Its just a matter of searching the log file, selecting the data and paste into Excel. Once I had done it, I hit my head with wonder why I did not see that within seconds.
I gave up using it anyway, because the data available are for the Volt rather than the Bolt, and my ChargePoint software does a good job of monitoring the charging. If I need a more precise graph, then I can go back to the OBD port and obtain it. If we eventually see the file format for the Bolt, then maybe I might revisit things.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would LOVE it if someone could make a BoltSpy type of app.
(Similar to LeafSpy on the Nissan Leaf)

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
I'm working on the Bolt codes, I have many more now and will publish shortly :)
Awesome! I can't wait.

FWIW, I was playing with the Volt codes/formula for SOC and adapting it for the Bolt, I got (in Engine Link format):

22005B,HV Battery SOC,-5,65,kW,(A-65)*87.5/255,7e0

This was just informed guesswork though, based on data I'd taken.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Here's some data from my car @ 82% charged. I use HTR and it's been driven today for a few miles.
I don't know how many, but, I would say at least 10 to 15 miles.
I like how battery pack size is a code :eek:
FWIW, BlackBolt figured it out, it's a hex number for Amp hours * 10. Thus, your battery is 0x06e7 / 10 = 1767 / 10 = 176.7 Amp hours in capacity. At a nominal 350 volts, that's 350 * 176.7 Wh = 61845 Wh, or 61.845 Wh in capacity.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt Premier and 2017 Bolt Premier
26 Posts
This thread has been quiet for a while. Is anyone out there working on a "Boltspy"? This Leaf Ex is a customer.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Any point buying this $100 OBD adapter claiming to get more info out of the car?
"Enhanced OEM support for Ford, GM, Mazda, Nissan/Infinity, Toyota/Lexus/Scion, Honda, Hyundai, Kia"

vs this $30 adapter?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Any point buying this $100 OBD adapter claiming to get more info out of the car?
"Enhanced OEM support for Ford, GM, Mazda, Nissan/Infinity, Toyota/Lexus/Scion, Honda, Hyundai, Kia"

vs this $30 adapter?
I happen to have the $30 adapter and the OBDLink LX, which is the $60 version of the more expensive one. Of course, if you only have an iPhone, and want an OBDLink dongle, you'll need the pricier one. I use a spare android phone for car tinkering.

I've found that while the $30 one tends to work fine, paying extra gets you a slightly more reliable one that is also properly paired to a phone and can't just be activated by anyone. For example, on my Fiat, I need the more expensive adapter to do certain types of things. For the Bolt, the cheaper one seems to be fine for querying data.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts