Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Wow, lots of BC Bolts popping up in the forum - great to see! If you're like me then you'll have a very long, circuitous drive home with a big grin on your face all the way...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also when you are charging with DC Fast Charge (Owner's Manual page 234), be aware that you MUST end the DC charging session BEFORE pulling the plug out of the Bolt's charging port.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also when you are charging with DC Fast Charge (Owner's Manual page 234), be aware that you MUST end the DC charging session BEFORE pulling the plug out of the Bolt's charging port.
Thanks for the tip. I’m usually the guy that’s doesn’t read manuals but figures it out. But I’ll be reading this one cover to cover. Any other tips?

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Some DC Fast Chargers don't have an "off" button, and it's a bit of a hassle to dive into the car's menus to end the session. A convenient way to safely end a session is to push down on the plug's latch button without pulling it out of the car. That will force the charging session to end, which you can confirm by looking at the charging status light on the top of the dash. Once the light is out, you can then remove the plug from the car.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Some DC Fast Chargers don't have an "off" button, and it's a bit of a hassle to dive into the car's menus to end the session. A convenient way to safely end a session is to push down on the plug's latch button without pulling it out of the car. That will force the charging session to end, which you can confirm by looking at the charging status light on the top of the dash. Once the light is out, you can then remove the plug from the car.
Anyway, my point is unlike with Level 1 and 2 where you can unplug any time (like a cell phone), with Level 3 (DC Fast Charge) you have to end the charging session before pulling the plug out of the Bolt's charging port. When my Bolt was bran new, and I didn't bother to read the manual and the Chevy salesman never mentioned it, I wanted to see what DC Fast Charging was like. So I started a Level 3 session, then decided to end the session by in-plugging. When the plug didn't come out (because it was locked in place by design), I thought it was stuck so using both hands, I yanked the plug out. Fortunately I didn't do any lasting damage to the Bolt's port or the ChargePoint's plug.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Picking up my Black Premier tomorrow. Bye bye gas stations!
But...but...the gas station burritos. Who will eat them?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts