Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt LT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One week ago today, I traded my 2019 Charger Scat Pack for a 2020 Chevy Bolt LT. I know - quite the change.

So far, I'm really enjoying the Bolt. I hope that's not just "new toy" excitement and that I will still enjoy the car in a year or two. I think I will. The Bolt is plenty quick for daily driving and will save me a ton every month on gas, insurance, oil changes, and the payment itself. It's fun to drive and, compared to the Charger, very tossable and nimble.

This decision was primarily economic, but there was also the frustration of not being able to use the Charger to its full ability on the street. It was a ton of fun and the power was intoxicating, but it was several speeding tickets waiting to happen.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I hope that's not just "new toy" excitement and that I will still enjoy the car in a year or two.
The fun is still there after three plus years. Enjoy it now before everyone is electric. You can pretty show every gas powered vehicle your license plate leaving a stop light. Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new Bolt.

·
Registered
2020 Chevy Bolt LT
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fun is still there after three plus years. Enjoy it now before everyone is electric. You can pretty show every gas powered vehicle your license plate leaving a stop light. Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your new Bolt.
Thanks.

Now I need a name. We call my wife's Honda Odyssey "White Lightning" (her old one was the "Silver Bullet").

If I wanted to go really nerdy, I would call it "Gandalf" (when he was in the gray robes). Don't really like "Gray Goose" which was suggested to me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
One week ago today, I traded my 2019 Charger Scat Pack for a 2020 Chevy Bolt LT. I know - quite the change.

So far, I'm really enjoying the Bolt. I hope that's not just "new toy" excitement and that I will still enjoy the car in a year or two. I think I will. The Bolt is plenty quick for daily driving and will save me a ton every month on gas, insurance, oil changes, and the payment itself. It's fun to drive and, compared to the Charger, very tossable and nimble.

This decision was primarily economic, but there was also the frustration of not being able to use the Charger to its full ability on the street. It was a ton of fun and the power was intoxicating, but it was several speeding tickets waiting to happen.

View attachment 34282
Nice Ride!! I just got my 2021 3 weeks ago... also slate gray metalic... I am absolutely loving it! I have at least two or 3 conversations with people every day. There is a lot of interest in Electric cars.

·
Registered
2020 Bolt
135 Posts
I traded my 2021 LT1 Camaro about 4 weeks ago due to gas prices and nowhere to really enjoy the car with my driving. I have been very happy with my 2020 Bolt and only drive 50 miles a week so the slow charger does fine.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Welcome to the club! I traded my 2015 Challenger SRT for a 2017 Volt and then 2 years later, upgraded to the Bolt. I can tell you that I drove my Bolt faster than I ever did the Challenger: the stock exhaust on those Challengers will wake the dead at 1/4 throttle so I was always careful. With the Bolt, you can slingshot every takeoff and not be noticed which is fun: there's always the mentality that "if I made no noise, I did nothing wrong". Just watch your cruise speed as I think cops are starting to wise up to the EV silence.

EV driving is a different thrill altogether. For me, the Volt/Bolt change was an economic choice. I held onto it as long as I could but after 4 years of Volt/Bolt I started getting the performance itch again. Ended up trading my Bolt on a Model 3 a couple weeks ago to renew the old performance itch. The Model 3 certainly doesn't disappoint in that arena. Whether you'll "feel the itch again", I have no idea. It's probably a personal thing.

Mike

·
Registered
2020 Bolt
135 Posts
I have not even pushed my Bolt yet. Just no thrill like i had in the modded C6 Vettes. I had headers and no Cats in my last C6 so it would scream and i did WOT runs to over a 100mph every chance i got. I just don't hear any sound with the bolt so the need to go fast is not there for me. I drive it like a snail to see what kind of numbers i get.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts