Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I've received two email messages 10 days ago from "OnStar Notifications" that say the following:

"An issue with the Antilock Braking System in your 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV has been detected. Please service your vehicle within 7 days.
Please disregard this message if your vehicle is already in for service. Inaccurate notifications can be generated during service."

and
"An issue with the StabiliTrak® stability control system in your 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV has been detected. Please service your vehicle within 7 days."

I don't really have time to deal with this so I called the local dealer's service department today and was eventually passed along to someone who seemed educated on the topic. He suggested that since the car has no warning lights on nor is acting odd in any way to ignore it. I'm was fine with that as my last car had a tire pressure gauge that was overly sensitive and annoying.

Then, early this evening, I get the same two email messages again. On Friday I'm taking it up Hwy 1 in Northern California and would really like to feel my brakes are ok. But I don't have the time...

Advice?

·
Registered
989 Posts
If the ABS/Brake and or Traction lamps are not coming on, I would bet On-Star has false reporting issue's.
The brakes will work as normal unless the lamp is on and then it will only shut off the ABS feature.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If the ABS/Brake and or Traction lamps are not coming on, I would bet On-Star has false reporting issue's.
The brakes will work as normal unless the lamp is on and then it will only shut off the ABS feature.
agreed. I just dealt with an actual problem with brake assist, ABS and stabilitrak in my 2011 volt. Needed a new brake pressure modulator valve - believe me - you would be able to tell if those systems were not working. Braking force required to stop = normal x 100.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had this exact problem the day after I brought my car home. Only multiple warning lights went off in the dash. Called Onstar and they advised to go into dealer. I called dealer, who took me in immediately and discovered my car needed a “flash” update. Has worked perfectly every since.

The car is under warranty, use it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts