Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Text from the wife this afternoon saying OnStar was "creepin' on her", so I give her a call to see what's up. Turns out they just randomly did a automated pre-recorded sales call when she got in the car after work and then hung up. So weird and off-putting...

They just did a short pitch on the OnStar Nav that they already went over with her in person when we bought the car less than a month ago. Why, just why? Oh, never change GM...

·
Registered
10,203 Posts
We got an email yesterday to join what I thought was an owner focus group. I started to sign up, but it turned out to just be a marketing survey. When I hit unsubscribe, it gave me the option to opt out of all GM and OnStar phone, email, and snail mail marketing. We'll see how well that works. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got the same thing a couple of days ago. I hadn't answered anything, or even noticed a ring, it just started talking to me about OnStar. It makes me much less likely to sign up with them when my intro is over.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Text from the wife this afternoon saying OnStar was "creepin' on her", so I give her a call to see what's up. Turns out they just randomly did a automated pre-recorded sales call when she got in the car after work and then hung up. So weird and off-putting...

They just did a short pitch on the OnStar Nav that they already went over with her in person when we bought the car less than a month ago. Why, just why? Oh, never change GM...
I would guess that was actually a dealership employee and NOT an actual
On-Star representative :nerd:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
No, in this case it was the OnStar rep while we were setting it up on the dealer lot. The sales rep was in the car with us, but all the talking was from the OnStar end. They went over every feature, which while nice was already a bit over the top IMO.

Regardless, this seems like a bad business practice as I'm not sure what kind of person wants to hop in their car and randomly get blasted with a quick advert, it's just... a very strange thing to do to a customer.

·
Registered
397 Posts
As far as onstar is concerned you're not a "customer" until you sign up for a lifetime full blown suite of all of the offered coverages along with recurring automatic credit card payments so they can take money when they want to. And yes there are some people that have more money than brains and actually do that.

Reactions: drdiesel1

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
No, in this case it was the OnStar rep while we were setting it up on the dealer lot. The sales rep was in the car with us, but all the talking was from the OnStar end. They went over every feature, which while nice was already a bit over the top IMO.

Regardless, this seems like a bad business practice as I'm not sure what kind of person wants to hop in their car and randomly get blasted with a quick advert, it's just... a very strange thing to do to a customer.
Ah! I see. Onstar is like a rabid dog and just wants your money. They hound you a lot.
I hate companies that do this ****.
I know, what I want and you bothering me all the time just drives me further away :)

Anyone notice you need to contact them to remove the car from demonstration mode.
You're forced to contact them to shut the PITA automated demo mode off. What a crock!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.