41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,252 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Misleading, oh surprise .....

This is their premium connectivity which included internet access and they announced in 2014 that they would charge for it in 2018. They actually prolonged it gratis for those signed up for it. This is their 'premium' connectivity here, not the features OnStar gives apples to apples.
Well, now Tesla is charging for connectivity.

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/12/07/tesla-starts-chargin-month-premium-connectivity-features/

As ZoomZoom said, this is not an accurate comparison to the OnStar offerings. You don't lose access to remote commands on your Tesla if you don't pay for the plan. Plus, the premium connectivity package with Tesla is $9.99/month with all that includes. OnStar is $15/month just to be able to remotely pre-condition your car. Quite the scam.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Seems this isn't the only "Trial Scam" being discussed (or should I say "Scam Trial")?

Anyway, when I bought my Bolt in December 2019, I got an email from Chevy promising five years of remote access for free. Since then, I've been called multiple times by OnStar to sign up for the remote access plan. The reps either don't believe me or claim the email was a mistake. That said, the remote key fob functionality in the app continues to work just fine.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts