Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This gentleman definitely tries to go through every single nook and cranny in the car. lifts up the trunk mat and looks at the cargo area. Drops the seats down. Knocks on all the plastics. This video is pretty darn good in the sense of getting a good look at everything in the car.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Poor man, he looks so cramped in the front and rear seats. 0-100 km/h in 7.3 seconds is a pretty good time, enough for me to get up to highway speeds quickly.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He definitely looks pretty tall and quite cramped in the back. When he dropped the armrest, it kinda seemed like it would be more comfortable if the arm rest would have been in the passenger seat opposed to the middle lol

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I noticed they didn't talk about service intervals of the Bolt, I assume like most cars it's once a year, but even better if it can be once every 2 years.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Dunno, we won't need to have any oil changed. Maybe just tire rotation and replacing air filters when needed?
There are little things to consider and look into. Digging up information on the Volt, here's a glimpse into what we might have to deal with, things not all that obvious to first time EV owners:

There are many other individual pieces mounted on the battery pack that are serviceable, such as the Battery Energy Control Modules (BECM) and the Battery Interface Control Modules (BICM). These modules control and monitor the battery packs and charging system and have been known to fail while the lithium-ion battery cells are not at fault. Some have been replaced under warranty, but if you are stuck buying one they run about $255 a piece for the part. Getting a module replaced will cost you around $2,100 for parts, labor, and programming; labor can be a big hit since dropping the battery pack is required in order to service these modules.
http://www.autoblog.com/2015/09/02/real-costs-chevy-volt-road/

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
First EV owner is definitely where I'm at and I definitely had no idea about the BECM and BICM so thank you for that ! Does seem quite pricey to replace those components, but it does make sense at the same time considering the work needed to get done. Doesn't seem like something the average can be doing on their driveway either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts