Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been estimated that the Opel Ampera-e can travel for more than 236 miles (380km) in the real world. According to this article here. It has apparently said to be offering 311 miles (500km) ? This is all coming from an article I read on CarScoops btw, I have no idea what's legit of course because I haven't seen any real world testing nor have I personally real world tested it. That's a pretty big difference from paper to tarmac though ?

"Our Ampera-e is not eco-luxury, not a gadget and not just a second car. Opel is showing that electro-mobility is also achievable for a much broader audience thanks to the most innovative technology – Opel is democratizing the electric car with the Ampera-e", said Karl-Thomas Neumann, Opel's CEO.
Check it out here: http://www.carscoops.com/2016/09/opel-ampera-e-debuts-with-500-km-range.html

·
Registered
862 Posts
European range is based on the NEDC test and give much higher results than the EPA tests. Most manufacturers report the NEDC results, but then qualify with a "real world" range.

·
Registered
12 Posts
2017 Opel Ampera-e - World Premiere - LIVE - Paris Motor Show 2016 4K Video:

#MondialAuto 2016 | Opel Press Conference at Paris Motorshow | Ampera-e world premiere (long version):

#MondialAuto 2016 I The new Ampera-e goes even further I Opel testdrive race:

Nice range, huh?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
European range is based on the NEDC test and give much higher results than the EPA tests. Most manufacturers report the NEDC results, but then qualify with a "real world" range.
Generally you can take off 25% from NEDC numbers to get close to EPA Range, which is much closer to "real world".
I thought the Ampera-e was based on the Bolt, why does it have a longer range of 500 kilometers?
These are the answers I believe. Thanks guys !

That animation was pretty darn cool though, an entertaining way to show a quick comparison.

·
Registered
786 Posts
The Bolt EV city range will reach 300 miles

I thought the Ampera-e was based on the Bolt, why does it have a longer range of 500 kilometers?
500 km (metric) is equal to 312 miles (imperial). I trust GM with their EVs that under promise and over deliver (both Volt generations have done this) , so I know that the 2017 Chevy Bolt EV will give reach and pass 300 miles of city range when it is driven by its first customers. You will read about this before October 2017.:D

Edit: For a 60 kWh battery capacity, those 300 miles reveals a 5 mile/kWh efficiency. This is very high for any BEV, makes the Tesla Motors Model 3 as "obsolete" even if it still over a year behind, and gets Elon Musk worried.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Part of me kind of thinks Elon Musk really doesn't worry about anything considering his plans to do some sort of project on Mars.... ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts