Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody order them, or get them on their car? Just wondering what they look like. It's strange that Chevy can't be bothered to take a picture and apply it to their build configurator. They seem to want you to spend $85 sight unseen.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
979 Posts
3-months after delivery I finally got the ‘LPO’ Aluminum Sill Plates installed at the dealer. Dealer said they had tried to order this option SG1 on global connect but couldn’t do it. On my following up with the Parts manager I got it straightened out.

I forgot they just say Chevrolet and not Bolt EV. Had they been pictured and described this way when I ordered the vehicle I probably wouldn’t have ordered these sill plates.

At the dealer I also finally received my Tire Inflator kit (standard in Canada) so at least it wasn’t a completely wasted trip.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3-months after delivery I finally got the ‘LPO’ Aluminum Sill Plates installed at the dealer. Dealer said they had tried to order this option SG1 on global connect but couldn’t do it. On my following up with the Parts manager I got it straightened out.

I forgot they just say Chevrolet and not Bolt EV. Had they been pictured and described this way when I ordered the vehicle I probably wouldn’t have ordered these sill plates.

At the dealer I also finally received my Tire Inflator kit (standard in Canada) so at least it wasn’t a completely wasted trip.
Looks like they changed the design a little, but they still look pretty good to me. How's the quality of them? Are they actually aluminum, or just one kind of "aluminum like" plastic?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Looks like they changed the design a little, but they still look pretty good to me. How's the quality of them? Are they actually aluminum, or just one kind of "aluminum like" plastic?
Thin aluminum type plastic with a backing and sticky tape. I think they're a general/universal
type sill plate. They're kinda small too!

·
Banned
350 Posts
What "installation"? They've got double-faced sticky tape on the back - peel and put where you want them.
Good deal for maybe $10.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts