Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Order went from rail to hold

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  RacerX00 
#1 ·
Anyone else experienced their order going from "on the rails" status to be delivered in 3 days to suddenly transitioning to an "on hold" status

#6 ·
That happened to me, at least that's what I was told, back when I bought my Cruze. It was "in transit", but didn't arrive at the dealer as scheduled. The dealer checked when I inquired about the delay. They were apparently told, the car was selected right off the line by the EPA for a random emissions check.

My dealer ended up doing a trade with another dealer about 60 miles away for an identical Cruze. Stick shift Cruzes with the 1.4 turbo, were hard to come by.

I too hope the OP gets the Bolt soon. These days it's not so easy to find another one like it.

#7 ·
My EUV went through a similar dance of status changes. Before I went to pick it up, I asked them to make sure they did the EUV software update that was released on April 5th. They said that it had been done before it was shipped from the Marion, OH yard. So, this could be one of the reasons for the status change.

#8 ·
Might be a dumb question, but how do you even check status anymore? I thought GM Authority had suspended their order tracking project? I placed a deposit on an "in-transit" unit with my dealer. They gave me a VIN and a 6 digit order #.

My dealer's story was these were all units originally allocated to his dealership, had their batteries replaced, and were now "in-transit." However, they've been "in-transit" for several weeks now and will be for another 6-8 weeks. [Shrugs]. We're not in any big hurry. He was unsure what kind of tracking he could provide us to keep us informed on an ETA.

I'm just curious because we're going to sell my wife's car. It would be nice to have an idea when we can post it for sale. Ideally, so we're not holding a 3rd car we don't need any longer than we have to.

#9 ·
Trains are jammed, they're literally sitting in those places. I've seen them personally. They'll just park a train for days and days and days that are miles long. My November Bolt which is being shipped today I'm being told 2-8 weeks. I have no insight as to the logistic reason why the trains are messed up, but it would appear it's a crap shoot on whether and how long you're delayed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.