Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went down to the local dealership last night and ordered a Bolt Premier in Kinetic Blue Metallic (extra $395) with the DC Fast charging ($750), Driver Confidence II ($495), & Infotainment packages ($485). This is a real order with a real order number, not just putting my name on a wish list. Dealer has gotten 25 allocations, and I'm number 17. Every dealer I've contacted seems to be selling at MSRP. $1000 refundable deposit was all that was required to secure my slot/order.

Dealer says 4 to 6 weeks for delivery, assuming they start production in the next couple of weeks. First need to get assigned a Target Production Week. If production of my car starts on a monday or tuesday, car should be on the dealer's lot 3 weeks from start of production. If it starts on a wednesday or later, time frame is pushed out another week.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats on the order!

I'm also in the Bay Area and checked with a couple dealerships about pre-orders. Gilroy is not taking Bolt orders or reservations. Capitol San Jose said they are accepting reservations for $500 for "priority on incoming Bolt's" which are expected in December or January.

They wouldn't give details on how many they are getting but if it is based on sales figures, Capitol claims to be the biggest in the area, so I'm considering making a reservation.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@devbolt , which dealer did you go with? just curious.
congrats!!
Stewart Chevrolet Cadillac in Colma, which is more local to me. The guy I dealt with was named Jonathan and his assistant was Anndria. He's hoping to increase his allocation to 100.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you planning on leasing? I am curious to see how they are structuring the leases on these.
I'm planning on doing a purchase. I don't think they can do a lease that is cost effective for me when I do 20K+ miles a year.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the order!

I'm also in the Bay Area and checked with a couple dealerships about pre-orders. Gilroy is not taking Bolt orders or reservations. Capitol San Jose said they are accepting reservations for $500 for "priority on incoming Bolt's" which are expected in December or January.

They wouldn't give details on how many they are getting but if it is based on sales figures, Capitol claims to be the biggest in the area, so I'm considering making a reservation.
Capitol has 110 allocations. Boardwalk has 39. Momentum supposedly has 100. Concord has 30. Stewart has 25. Those were all the ones I talked to who gave me allocation numbers. Momentum and Concord just put my name on a list. Boardwalk & Stewart wanted a $1000 deposit, and Capitol wanted a $500 deposit.

Supposedly Stewart is the number one Spark EV dealer in the country. I don't know how much of that was the salesmen blowing smoke. They all seem to claim to be the number one something in the area/state/country for volume sales. But the Stewart guy (Jonathan) was upfront with me about the ordering process, delivery times, etc.

I could go down to Capitol and put down a deposit for what I want, but I really don't want to tie up any more of my money for the next month or two at multiple dealerships. If Momentum or Concord call and say they have a Bolt that matches my config before Stewart gets my specific order, I'll think about going with them. Advantage of Stewart is that it's less than 10 minutes from my house. Everything else is half an hour or more away and I don't have any free time on the weekends until January.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Four to six weeks might be a bit optimistic, given that regular production hasn't started. Three weeks from production to arrival at the dealer sounds about right.

At any rate, looks like you'll have it before the end of the year. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Congrats on putting down a real order! If your dealer can custom order one for you, that means other dealers around the country can start putting in their orders too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I heard back from Gilroy and they will accept the same $500 deposit as Capitol.

Gilroy has only been allocated 3 Bolts and I plan to reserve the first one today! :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Devbolt,

I ordered a Bolt through Jonathan as well. I talked to him last night and he told me that the order is in and the car is scheduled for fabrication the week of Nov 13. If the car doesn't get pulled aside for extra QC checks, will take 2-3 weeks to arrive in SF. The QC check will add two weeks. Either way, the car should arrive sometime in mid to late Dec.

If your order went in at the same time as mine, you are likely on the same schedule.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Congrats on putting down a real order! If your dealer can custom order one for you, that means other dealers around the country can start putting in their orders too.
I think only dealers that have received an allocation can configure and order vehicles (California and Oregon).
I got a build date of 11/7, 11/14. Those are work weeks (with a 2 week window) and dealer says it will be done no later that 11/18 and 3-4 weeks from finish date for shipping. Early to mid December delivery.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered a Bolt Premier Friday night by phone in Artic Blue, upgraded Stereo group, for lease in the Silicon valley.
Been suffering with a stupid, ICE Honda, what a pile to drive compared to my Chevy Volt returned off lease. Can't wait to get the 17 Bolt in Jan. Between reductions in operating cost, main cost, & a CA EV rebate will not cost me very much for the 1st year & very low from then on.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hi some questions:

- when do we pay after ordering with a deposit ?
- do we get both CA and Fed rebate/credits ?

Thanks!
You'll pay when you take delivery of the car, and you can get both CA rebate (if eligible) and Federal Tax Credit.
CA rebate checks are sent ~90 days after approval - if funding is available. They had a wait list from June-Sept since their funding was exhausted. Note that income caps were lowered effective Nov 1st, and at the same time the additional rebate amount for lower income households was increased from $1500 to $2000.
https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/income-eligibility
At this writing, the Bolt is NOT on the list of approved vehicles, but it should be by the time it is delivered (and you have 18 mos to apply for the rebate)
Federal Tax Credit is available for the tax year that title to the vehicle is transferred (usually on delivery). If you take delivery in 2016, it will be available when you file your 2016 taxes.
Note that if you lease the vehicle, the leasing company is the actual purchaser and receives the Federal Tax Credit (and should pass it on to you as a capitalized cost reduction on the lease). You can still get the CA rebate if you lease, but the lease must be for at least 30 mos.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Checked with local dealer in Maryland. Was told that we probably won't be opening up to take orders until Nov or even Dec. Yuck!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Well that stinks, ordering at the end of the year means you won't be receiving the Bolt until near the end of the first quarter of next year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put my 1K$ deposit down at Boardwalk 9/25. Inventory manager finally allowed to place order for the dealership tonight before 5pm. They have 38 slots. Expect delivery in early/mid January.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Devbolt,

I ordered a Bolt through Jonathan as well. I talked to him last night and he told me that the order is in and the car is scheduled for fabrication the week of Nov 13. If the car doesn't get pulled aside for extra QC checks, will take 2-3 weeks to arrive in SF. The QC check will add two weeks. Either way, the car should arrive sometime in mid to late Dec.

If your order went in at the same time as mine, you are likely on the same schedule.
I contacted GM/Chevrolet via their website chat system and they indicated that I had not been assigned a Target Production Week yet. The order is in the system, however. They suggested that I check back every week or so to get updates. Once the car is scheduled for production, I can get updates e-mailed to me automatically.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts