Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put money down today to get my Bolt! Premier Kinetic Blue with Dark Galvanized Grey interior! I got the Upgraded Infotainment and the Drivers Confidence package too! So loaded!!

My Dealer said they still had 3 cars left in their allotment and expect my car to be delivered around the end of April, start of May!

So needless to say I'm pumped! BUT I have one question that maybe someone on the forum might know. I was going over the standard features when I got home and I saw this listed: Glass, solar absorbing windshield. What's that supposed to mean? Does my windshield have Solar Powers?!?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
787 Posts
Standard windshield that absorbs UV and IR. UV absorption cuts down on harmful UV radiation, and IR absorption cuts down on heating of the dash/interior. It's pretty standard stuff on all cars.

·
Registered
979 Posts
That windshield is HUGE. When it gets cracked by a flying rock, I’m sure going to get my money’s worth through paying my usual insurance comprehensive deductible.

I’m also going to have to shop for the world’s largest windshield sunscreen blocker. That’s the ugly foil covered thing you unfold and place on the inside of the windshield when parking for extended periods on sunny hot days in the summer. Reduces cabin heat and eliminates the sun’s toasting of the dash and steering wheel materials.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Standard windshield that absorbs UV and IR. UV absorption cuts down on harmful UV radiation, and IR absorption cuts down on heating of the dash/interior. It's pretty standard stuff on all cars.
Ah cool, I've never seen it worded that way but yes that makes sense! Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts