Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be good to your battery and let's see Bolt show up here after 2035. Prius made the list. :)

·
Registered
661 Posts
I probably won't be around in 15 years and if I am,I **** sure won't be driving. When I quit, my sister will get it. I was smart enough to quit riding motorcycles at 65 though.
Maybe if we are all lucky in 15 years an affordable self driving car will be perfected and available for purchase? I have mixed feelings about the prospects of self driving.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Be good to your battery and let's see Bolt show up here after 2035. Prius made the list. :)
It's not clear what “being good to your battery“ has to do with keeping it a long time. We might as well say “be good to your paint job”, or “keep your miles driven per year low”. How much you wear out your car and how long you keep it don't have to be closely connected.

If we were to keep our Bolt for 15 years, I'm pretty sure it'd be barely over 100,000 miles at that point, and it's well known that typical battery babying strategies aren't having any observable effect at 100,000 miles on current Bolts.

·
Registered
252 Posts
In 15 years at the rate I have put on miles for the last 20 years, I'll be just shy of 250k Miles.

I'd be surprised but delighted if the car lasts that long. My daughter will be 20 years old by then and out of the house.

Just in time for Mom and Dad to blow her inheritance on some kind of obnoxious two seater.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Interesting, and perhaps not surprising: Every. Last. Car. on that first list is Japanese.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Interesting, and perhaps not surprising: Every. Last. Car. on that first list is Japanese.
It is a very Toyota-heavy list, with 10 out of the top 15 vehicles. The others are 4 Hondas and 1 Subaru. There are no Nissans or Mitsubishis.

But then it may not be surprising. Toyotas tend to be less enthusiast-oriented while also being highly reliable. So they may get owners who will just keep driving them as long as they are suitable, rather than those who want to get the new model with all of the new features. The absence of Nissans and Mitsubishis may not be that surprising, given marketing to buyers with bad credit (who may be more likely to get the vehicle repossessed in a short time and may be less likely to have money for vehicle maintenance).

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
The absence of Nissans and Mitsubishis may not be that surprising...
I have never trusted Nissan ever since I rented a Datsun once upon a time - what a hunk of junk that was. I think any car manufacturer that has to change its name to escape its reputation is highly suspect.

·
Registered
661 Posts
15 years of Bolt Ownership would be nice on the pocket book and I would guess they could improve BEV a lot more by then unless Tesla makes them irrelevant..

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bjørn Nyland thinks keeping i3 for 15 years on original battery is very possible.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I'll be happy to get eight years of hassle-free service from our Bolts. Then I'll be old enough to want a self-driving car - which will be electric of course...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts