Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting this thread so we can keep OTA topics in one spot. (hopefully)

This morning on my OnStar App I got a message pop up.

"To provide a more integrated vehicle service experience, GM's authorized dealers are now able to update you on the status of your service visit via this mobile app. May include pushing pop ups if you have those enabled... blah blah."

Since I was going out in this -13F temp weather I thought I would try the OTA update and see if anything happens.

1st it said there was an issue with the WIFI and to log into one. Funny, it should have logged on anyway. Checked WIFI and was attached. This may be because my OnStar 3 month is up in 2 days.

Pushed UPDATE again, took a while but still nothing, 14.1.0 I think I have. The "middle" update.

No OTA update so far.

BUT, this pop up I got makes me think that maybe it IS COMING soon. I am hopeful it is rolling out

Anyone else get this pop up? if not, log out and log back in and see if you do.

fingers crossed :nerd:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Sounds more like the parasitic workings of on-star trying to warm you up for a subscription....:eek:

·
Registered
862 Posts
I didn't see anything in the message you posted about OTA updates - only a mobile app that will give you service visit updates along with some ads.
Likely available to ALL GM owners and not Bolt specific.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And I didn't say that it did. I just hope that maybe this is the beginning of it happening.

With them sending this pop up notification that GM can update us on service, maybe they will be able to do OTA updates soon too.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
This morning on my OnStar App I got a message pop up.

"To provide a more integrated vehicle service experience, GM's authorized dealers are now able to update you on the status of your service visit via this mobile app. May include pushing pop ups if you have those enabled... blah blah."
This has nothing whatsoever to do with OTA updates of the car's firmware.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This has nothing whatsoever to do with OTA updates of the car's firmware.
I'm not so sure about that.

I am thinking that when the OTA updates happen they will notify you thru this app. Hence the reason for the app to notify you when there is a "status of your Service" .

Look I am not saying that this is Proof, all I am saying is I think they are getting the ball rolling. I didn't say that THIS is the update, I said
"BUT, this pop up I got makes me think that maybe it IS COMING soon. I am hopeful it is rolling out"

·
Registered
121 Posts
Regarding the MyChevrolet service notification feature:

1) has anyone actually used this yet?
2) if so, do you have to use the app to make your service appt in order to get this status feedback?

·
Registered
624 Posts
this just means that when your vehicle is in for service, you'll get status notifications through the onstar app.

nothing to see here.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
I am thinking that when the OTA updates happen they will notify you thru this app. Hence the reason for the app to notify you when there is a "status of your Service" .
You are thinking wrong. What that app capability does is interface to the dealer's service scheduling system - it allows to you schedule a service visit without having to phone or visit the dealer, and the update you've described just tells you when they've finished the work on your car and it's ready to be picked up.

Not only does it have nothing to do with the OTA updates, but it isn't even useful for its intended purpose since other people have reported scheduling a service visit through the app only to arrive at the dealer and find they have no record of the appointment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts