Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rise in temp last night from -1 to 11 degrees Celsius. This morning I was shocked to read 52 degrees for outside temp reading. At first I'm thinking major glitch then I check my conversions and 52 degrees F is 11 degrees C. Coincidence? Turned the car on and off a few times but no change.
If it is a switch from C to F, does anyone know how to switch back? I have a Canadian Bolt.

Cheers,
Vince

·
Registered
979 Posts
What about ctrl-alt-delete ?:p

Could try: push the left arrow on the "cluster menu" key located on the right of the steering wheel. Down arrow to "Options", look then for Metric vs Imperial or US.

Yeah its 11C. Now if it would only quit raining and let's have the sun. At least we don't have to shovel it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was hoping there would be something in the drop downs! Will try. Will also try a complete top up charge.

Looking forward to spring mileage!

Cheers,
Vince

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wish it were that easy to convert the entire US to Celcius :rolleyes: ... as a Canadian living in the US, trying to make sense of Fahrenheit sucks!

But this post reminded me that I still need to make the change.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok..so it is not the metric conversion. I guess it was a coincidence. Outdoor temp obviously not working. Currently doing full charge and something is happening - either it is completely broken (the temp reading) or it is rebooting itself. May be taking car to dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I wish it were that easy to convert the entire US to Celcius :rolleyes: ... as a Canadian living in the US, trying to make sense of Fahrenheit sucks!

But this post reminded me that I still need to make the change.
Hah thats funny I can't stand Celcius I started my life growing up in Canada with the Imperial system in school. Know it well. They we changed to Metric. I dont like it. I wish I could leave my bolt in Kilometers but change the temp to Farenheit. No can do, one or the other for everything on the Bolt. Fact: Farenheit has greater (almost double) resolution than Celcius. 1.8 degrees F for every 1C :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So it was ambient temp sensor

The part was changed hassle free same day. Service was great! Better than I ever received from VW, Honda or Toyota.

I saw this sensor was an issue in other threads. Might lead to recall eventually? Anyway, I can say that it was sudden after driving 4 hours in dense fog. Who knows if that played a role.

My other Bolt (37 000km) has not had this issue but I haven't driven in through that much fog before.

Cheers,
Vince

·
Registered
2 Posts
Why don't we all use the same system? You would not find yourself in a situation where you have no idea how much something weighs or what is the real temperature of something. I hate that the people were so stubborn to not accept the metric system everywhere. That system is clearly the best one and easiest to use. When i see that they use stuff like "stone" I'm confused, how can you know how much is that? I use converter to calculate stuff like "50 c to f" because my friends from USA don't know what celsius is. I use it to calculate everything and it works very fast and it is very helpful in those situations.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Agreed. My only complaint is the one above: there's not a lot of granularity at the integer level when the separation between frozen water and boiling water is only 100 degrees.

Mike

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
Agreed. My only complaint is the one above: there's not a lot of granularity at the integer level when the separation between frozen water and boiling water is only 100 degrees.
My Prius C, which I sold in order to buy my Bolt, allowed you to adjust the temperature by 0.5C increments when it was in metric mode.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Fact: Farenheit has greater (almost double) resolution than Celcius. 1.8 degrees F for every 1C :)
Yes, it is. But in the car C has higher resolution as C goes by 0.5 degree, while F by a full degree.

Anyway, I wanted to pose a question that I believe was partially answered - can I keep MPH, but have Celsius?
I am OK with MPH, but rather have C.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts