Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Level 2 charger on the wall just inside the garage door, and the charge cord is led under the door and outside.

The garage is tiny, and the house has no basement, so as is common, the garage handles storage with room left over for bicycles and motorcycles - no way to put a car in there.

Needing access to the garage, we determined long ago where the car needs to be backed to leave sufficient room for garage things, and still have enough cord to plug in the car.

When the car is away, or not plugged in, the cord and plug sit untidily on the ground.

I would like to have a stand, with a dummy receptacle to keep the plug off the ground and out of the weather.

Source ?

Ideas ?

·
Registered
3,311 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the OEM EVSE in the cellar under my house, with the cable running out to the driveway. The house has a plaster exterior (which needs painted), and I didn't want to drill through the walls to attach a mount. So I used some stuff I had laying around in the cellar to build a stand for the charging handle. I bought this on Amazon:

and mounted it inside a 4" PVC pipe cap, which I mounted on a scrap of PVC conduit. By using existing scrap, my total cost was around $10. (And it felt good to use some of that stuff in my cellar!)

EVSE2.JPG

EVSE3.JPG

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've posted these photos before. This is a garden hose storage bin I bought on Amazon (there are several models out there). I "dremeled" where the red arrow is seen in order to get the door to close on my cable.

Rich

1 - 8 of 8 Posts