Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm literally in the waiting room of my Chevy dealer waiting to discover the cause of an idiot warning on my dash. The light read "steering assist is disabled" and needs immediate attention. After hitting Onstar for diagnosis, they stated they saw an issue with the power steering. My dealer took me right in. While in the waiting room I got 2 e-mails from Onstar tellng me that there is also an issue with my anti-lock braking system and stability control system.

This is the first year for this car. Hopefully the bugs get worked out quickly!

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Yikes!

Hopefully it's minor and a quick fix. Most Bolts have been more or less trouble free so far.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Woodturner,

Oh my goodness, as I just signed the paperwork for a Premier Red coming in 10 days to CO! I guess we are what some call "Early Adopters" or as your slogan says "Charging into the future". Please keep us all updated as to the progress of your Bolt.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everything is OK!!!

I got back from the dealer a while ago and it turned out that the perimeters given in the software were a little to tight as the Service Manager stated. The other 2 items were related to the first one. They did what they called a flash update which corrected the problem. Now when I start the car I get a message on the screen that tells me to keep my eyes on the road to prevent accidents! Because I always drive while staring at my screen!!!

Thankfully GM has this car nailed. Even the software has been thought out. Good on them!

Sorry for getting you guys worked up. Nothing to worry about.

Reactions: V7i7c

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Would you mind mentioning your vehicles production number? Maybe certain batches will soon be known for problems where others don't. Might help someone down the road.
Where do I find the production number?

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Where do I find the production number?
Last 6 digits of your VIN. Should be something like 130241 or 142657

Also, on a label on the inside of the door jamb on the driver's side will be the production month and year of your Bolt. Mine is 11/2016.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Glad to hear it was something that got remedied very easily and quickly. Sucks that you had this inconvenience so early on in the ownership process, but better now when you have warranty than later on!

Back to enjoying the Bolt for all of it's goodness :)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
When it sounds like a one off, I assume it won't be a widespread problem since nobody else seems to have reported it yet. So Juniper49 should be fine so long it's not one of those rare lemons and the fix seems easy. I'm sure a bulletin of sorts is sent to other dealerships so they know what to do if a similar situation arises.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts