Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the light came on en-route to work last week; the local Chevy dealership (not a Bolt EV in neither new nor used lot - not a good start) managed to clr the fault, cycled contactor 10x, and light stayed off. That night after bringing it home, the light returned ... Was told to drive it a week, apparently in hopes it would extinguish on its own.

Question: Did I take it to the wrong dealership. Will they admit to me if they could or would not diagnose and repair the fault? Do I need to find out which Chevy dealerships in Central California are properly trained to t/s the Bolt EV?

I posed this question to GM customer service via OnStar; I'll report their answer when/if I get it.

BTW - I drive the **** outta this car and it's truly the best I've owned since my 1st car purchase in 1979.

·
Registered
636 Posts
You just took it to the wrong dealership, that simple. But while I have you on the couch, tell me more how the Bolt is the best car you've owned since 1979. I love my Bolt, very happy with it .... and I'm sensitive that at your age you may not have great memory, but what have you owned in the last 40 years?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chevy Vega, Chevy Chevette, Plymouth Satellite, Pontiac Bonneville (land yacht), Mercury Lynx, Dodge Aries, Dodge Diplomat, Nissan Sunny (Sentra equivalent in Japan), Honda City, Toyota Lite Ace, Mazda RX-7, GMC Jimmy ... Jeez, do I really need to continue? The Volt was 2nd-best and the Camry Hybrid 3rd. My Bolt beats each without question. It is by far the smoothest, quietest ride and the most reliable (so far) and fun to drive. I could never go back to a problematic ICE vehicle.

BTW-the light went out and so far has stayed out.:) (knock on wood).

·
Registered
636 Posts
Chevy Vega, Chevy Chevette, Plymouth Satellite, Pontiac Bonneville (land yacht), Mercury Lynx, Dodge Aries, Dodge Diplomat, Nissan Sunny (Sentra equivalent in Japan), Honda City, Toyota Lite Ace, Mazda RX-7, GMC Jimmy ... Jeez, do I really need to continue? The Volt was 2nd-best and the Camry Hybrid 3rd. My Bolt beats each without question. It is by far the smoothest, quietest ride and the most reliable (so far) and fun to drive. I could never go back to a problematic ICE vehicle.

BTW-the light went out and so far has stayed out.:) (knock on wood).
Ok, yeah, I'll be darned, the Bolt is a much better car than anything on that list. I didn't see that coming at all. Congrats. I've had a couple Audi's, VW's, other assorted sports cars, a Denali and a Jeep. For me, only the Grand Am I had was worse but I've loved all of them. I rotate through a vehicle on average about every 3 or 4 years. The Bolt is my first EV, love it. Rough count I think I've had 9 vehicles with some overlap like now. I'd rate my Bolt 7 in the list, the Grand Am and the Caprice are 8 and 9.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Micantony. I did see that comment and considered whether 10 start/stop events over the course of five days may have been a contributor to the light finally going out. Not sure what to make of all this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: GM rep contacted me and stated that all GM certified shops shall have at least one tech trained for GM EVs. Also, he too was concerned my dealer's customer service rep recommended I continue driving w/ light still illuminated - so it wasn't just me thinking that. So, the light ended up going out on its own - self-repair. Well, a minor thing I guess; not unlike a PC restart. I'm so enamored with this car, despite this glitch.

·
Registered
636 Posts
UPDATE: GM rep contacted me and stated that all GM certified shops shall have at least one tech trained for GM EVs. Also, he too was concerned my dealer's customer service rep recommended I continue driving w/ light still illuminated - so it wasn't just me thinking that. So, the light ended up going out on its own - self-repair. Well, a minor thing I guess; not unlike a PC restart. I'm so enamored with this car, despite this glitch.
Sadly, the enforcement of having a tech does not have any teeth and the shops around here don't pay any attention to that directive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts