Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For about the last 3 months my neck hurt. Thought maybe I was sleeping with too many pillows. Turns out it is the Bolt headrests being too far forward. Fixed them and what a difference. The newer cars seem to have the headrests more forward but the Bolt takes it too far.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
How did you fix them?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Yes, I'd like to know as well. This is my big complaint with the seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sitting in the back seat, raise the drivers headrest. Unscrew the plasic covers that are on top of the seatback around the shafts. The shafts have a groove on the side that a wire clip goes in to hold it in place. At each shaft mount that the plasic ring was screwed onto you will see a shiney wire loop on the left side front. Use a screw driver and while pushing it to the left, pull up the shaft about a half inch then release the other shaft the same way and lift the headrest up and out. I clamped the shaft in a vise and put a pipe wrench on it to get leverage to straighten it. Be sure to grip it below the grooves because they are a week area and they will open up. The shafts where at about a 45 degree bend and i straightened them to about a ten degree bend. I think it would be ok to go all the way straight though. Only regret is I wish i would have done this sooner.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I rarely lean my head back against the headrests, so this hasn't been an issue for me. I did get a set of Wet Okole seat covers, which add some padding to the seats. These make the seats a bit softer.

·
Banned
1 Posts
I had a very long pain in my neck and I didn't know what to do to get over it. At first, I took creams and pills but the pain only went away at the moment and then it reappeared, and that had already made me desperate and believe that I would never get rid of those pains. I was lucky to find out about SA Kratom from some friends and I said I should try. Before consuming I consulted with my doctor to see if it can have negative effects and together with him I determined the dose I should take and only then I got rid of those unbearable pains.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.