Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

First, let me thank this awesome forum for having so much pertinent information. It helped me ditch the ICE itch and get a Cajun Red Bolt yesterday. Absolutely loved how well put together the car is, the acceleration, playing the "regen braking" game to see the impact on range, etc. Even more amazing is how 'normal' the car is - everything is where I expect it to be in the cabin and wins a lot of brownie points in my mind for the understated awesomeness. Let's see how my thoughts evolve over time. In any case, I know I will have questions and things come up and will be counting on the collective wisdom of this group if I can't see old threads on it. Great to officially join the group!

Cheers,
Aj:D

Reactions: surgeonFWW

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Congrats AJ....

You officially chose the best color for your Bolt! :)

To get ahead of any problems...
After about two months-I noticed some water spots (from rainwater) on my Cajun Red Bolt.
I got them off using Nu Finish car polish ($7 at Walmart and Amazon)... and it seems to keep them from re-appearing.

You may want to lay down a coat of the Nu Finish before the spots start forming and get hard to remove.

Rob

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats AJ....

You officially chose the best color for your Bolt! :)

To get ahead of any problems...
After about two months-I noticed some water spots (from rainwater) on my Cajun Red Bolt.
I got them off using Nu Finish car polish ($7 at Walmart and Amazon)... and it seems to keep them from re-appearing.

You may want to lay down a coat of the Nu Finish before the spots start forming and get hard to remove.

Rob
Whoa! Thanks for the great advice Rob. After picking up the Bolt, we had to drive through a construction area and there are already dust spots where the car wash had not fully dried. Will order this pronto!

Wanted to ask you since I see NY in your username - do you ever drive on 95 in the CT area? My parents live in NJ and the first long drive will be ~260 miles and just out of reach. I was thinking of doing a pit stop on the way - would appreciate your thoughts if you have any experience. Totally ignore if you are in upstate NY or I completely got your location wrong >:)

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
^ sorry AJ I can't help you with the i95 trip... I'm on L.I. and other than maybe the occasional trip (90+ mi round trip) trip to the Bronx Zoo my Bolt will probably stay on the island for it's lifetime.

One of the members posted a really excellent site for trip planning the other day. It's metric, but you can easily convert to US measurements and it has the Bolt as a profile car so it's really easy to use:
http://jurassictest.ch/GR/

Oh, regarding the Nu Finish Polish.... after the first application, wait a few days and lay down a second coat.
You won't believe how "slippery" the paint becomes.... and that's why nothing seems to stick to it I guess.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ sorry AJ I can't help you with the i95 trip... I'm on L.I. and other than maybe the occasional trip (90+ mi round trip) trip to the Bronx Zoo my Bolt will probably stay on the island for it's lifetime.

One of the members posted a really excellent site for trip planning the other day. It's metric, but you can easily convert to US measurements and it has the Bolt as a profile car so it's really easy to use:
http://jurassictest.ch/GR/

Oh, regarding the Nu Finish Polish.... after the first application, wait a few days and lay down a second coat.
You won't believe how "slippery" the paint becomes.... and that's why nothing seems to stick to it I guess.
Thanks so much Rob! Already placed an order for the polish. Great tip! Thanks for the trip planning site as well. Will def check it out ??

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cajun Red is nice, but Kinetic Blue is awesome!
Ha - red and blue were my two color choices but the wife wanted red, and red it is ? But I'll admit - I was originally pulling for blue. My startup also has "blue" in its name ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice to see another red in New England. Welcome to the electric fold!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice to see another red in New England. Welcome to the electric fold!
Much thanks - we are still a unique breed out here! Excited to see the months and seasons unfold - especially when "the winter is coming" ?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congratulations! Going with the color choice of the wife is definitely the smartest idea ;)

Drop some photos so we can bask in it's glory with you!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Congratulations! Going with the color choice of the wife is definitely the smartest idea ;)

Drop some photos so we can bask in it's glory with you!!
Thanks a lot! Happy wife - happy life correct!? 0:)

Here's some pics :)

Attachments

Reactions: Bazinga

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The irony of parking an electric car at a gas station never ceases to amuse me. :D
Hehe - I pulled in there to fill air in the tires and couldn't stop myself from taking a few pics. I also got a couple of people wonder what the car was, read the back and ask me why I brought an EV to a gas station. :D

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hahaha I would be one of those guys that would pull up, open the charging port and pretend to stick the fuel nozzle in there and just wait for reactions. Seems like a Youtube video plan in the making here and I'm sure you'd leave there with quite the amusing interactions with people ;)

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Hahaha I would be one of those guys that would pull up, open the charging port and pretend to stick the fuel nozzle in there and just wait for reactions.
I think you'd be lucky to get anyone who even notices anything odd in doing that. Other EV drivers might react, but they're unlikely to be at the gas station in the first place...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congratulations! I live in your neck of the woods and also got a Red Bolt. It won't be ready until Wednesday though.
Congrats! I absolutely love the color - and maybe we can do a Bolt-meet someday soon :) BTW just got back from a weekend trip to Whites (Franconia Notch) and boy was it a fun drive! I'll start a thread to update the forum on it, but the first semi-long distance trip was seamless (with some forethought) and fun.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts