Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to say a quick hello to you folks here. We have a pair of Bolts (Premier and LT) that we came to lease after our previous e-golf met an untimely demise when a huge tree fell on it during a storm while it was parked in the driveway. After getting the first bolt and the wife and I constantly coming up with reasons why we "needed" to drive it that day, we just decided to sell our prius and get a second one as the range works for my commute.

Our LT was a dealer demo/lease that we got a great deal on and strangely it feels a bit faster to me right off the line than the premier. Maybe this was a loaded demo model sent out to our dealer (or maybe I am just imagining this.) ;)

Current plans for one of them is a Torklift EcoHitch to haul some bikes around for the family this summer. Having owned one of the first EV's available in our area were very happy with the bolts this far (were about 5 months in).

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Cherry Red
118 Posts
Sorry for your loss (e-golf), happy for your upgrades (Premier and LT Bolts). Now tell us more of about you and your Bolts. My BmwI3 is soon in lease history and I am thinking maybe a second Bolt.
Just wanted to say a quick hello to you folks here. We have a pair of Bolts (Premier and LT Bolts) that we came to lease after our previous e-golf met an untimely demise when a huge tree fell on it during a storm while it was parked in the driveway.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Another 2 Bolt family! Having 2 eliminates the jealousy of "who gets to drive e the Bolt today." Ours were purchased 9 months apart and are equipped exactly the same with the exception of color. Congrats!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome.

@Sean Nelson: Thanks for the info, this will be our second EcoHitch (had one on the Prius) and we were very happy w/it. What are you towing/hauling with yours?

@DrZip: Initially I though we would be still doing the spy vs spy game to get the better equipped one every day. It turns out though my wife and I are both perfectly happy driving either (and the cloth is warmer in the winter). Having just leased a car from the dealership also gave us some bargaining leverage as well. The LT is well equiped for a "base" model and the only thing I miss is the Bose sound & sub however the android auto more than makes up for not having that rumble. If your thinking about getting another Bolt I say go for it, we couldn't be happier. Any specific questions feel free to ask.

@scoobybri: Congrats on your bolts! It defiantly saved us a lot of "well I need the bolt for...." conversations, in addition to going completely oil/gas free which is a big plus. What colors did you end up getting?

I will likely take some photos installing the hitch and try to post them up if anyone is interested. Looks like a fairly straightforward process. :D

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
@Sean Nelson : Thanks for the info, this will be our second EcoHitch (had one on the Prius) and we were very happy w/it. What are you towing/hauling with yours?
Ha! This is my second one too - I had one installed on the Prius C I owned before the Bolt. The only thing I've used it for is my bike rack - but I went with the 2" receiver "just in case" I need to pull something bigger some day. No trailer light hookup, though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha! This is my second one too - I had one installed on the Prius C I owned before the Bolt. The only thing I've used it for is my bike rack - but I went with the 2" receiver "just in case" I need to pull something bigger some day. No trailer light hookup, though.
Did the same here with 2", and that was one of the reasons we went with the EcoHitch for the old prius v. Hauling the family's bikes is the only reason we got it for both cars. Recently there was something that happened with the price of steel in the US and the price bumped up $45. Kicking myself for not ordering this last week.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Our LT was a dealer demo/lease that we got a great deal on and strangely it feels a bit faster to me right off the line than the premier. Maybe this was a loaded demo model sent out to our dealer (or maybe I am just imagining this.) ;)
@i0ls, did you at least get contrasting colors? Red v Blue? Ebony v Ivory?

Cause that's the only way you'll settle which color is faster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts