Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have had a Volt since they first came out and bought it because back then there was not enough range to get from Palm Springs to LA and I needed the gas to do that.

Since the Bolt is 238 miles, the range seem good as I only need about 125 miles.

however, when I am in my Volt driving on the freeway at 75mph with the A/C on full blast during the summer my Volt electric range drops by 50%.

i am wondering if anyone knows how far the Bolt range drops in similar conditions?

thanks in advance for any help. I really want to buy one, but this is a major concern of mine

Dan

·
Registered
782 Posts
125 miles in the Bolt with AC going is no problem. Just beware the head winds and watch your estimated range - if it starts dropping too far simply slow down a bit…and you'll get there no problem.

I drove to San Luis Obispo which is 180 miles - 101 70 mph - no problem.

·
Registered
782 Posts
also there are several DC Fast chargers along the way - a short/simple 20 min stop at a DCFast charger (something you couldn't do with a Volt) will top off your car with another 50-70 miles range...but really 125 mile is no big deal…

·
Registered
182 Posts
I saw a slight drop in range with running AC all the time in the desert. Best thing to do is precondition the car while plugged in. I set mine to lowest possible setting and Max fan and run for 8 mins. Was still getting 220 230 max range. Now running no where near as much AC and Max range is above 280. It depends how you drive cause that has a bigger effect on range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts