Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just took delivery of a 2018 Bolt Premier ... I must have changed a setting to turn off the park assist beeps, because I don't get them any more. For the life of me I cannot find where to turn them back on. I still see the bars on the dash to tell me how far things are away and the (!) icon in the camera, just no beeps to tell me if I am too close.

Can anyone help a noob? :)

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
P. 219 Audible Alert Some driver assistance features alert the driver of obstacles by beeping. To change the volume of the warning chime, see “Comfort and Convenience” under Vehicle Personalization p.142.

access the Home Page. access the Icon view. Drag the scroll bar to navigate the list.

Under Vehicle select check Collision / Detection Systems.

Under Comfort select Convenience Chime Volume, set volume

Hopefully you can get it back from either of those.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
So I just took delivery of a 2018 Bolt Premier ... I must have changed a setting to turn off the park assist beeps, because I don't get them any more. For the life of me I cannot find where to turn them back on. I still see the bars on the dash to tell me how far things are away and the (!) icon in the camera, just no beeps to tell me if I am too close.

Can anyone help a noob? :)
Checked my Bolt and chime volume can't be turned all the way down.

Note, that chime doesn't always go off when you get warning triangle. You have to get pretty close for it to chime.

·
Registered
624 Posts
i think there are two levels, you get the yellow warning triangle as you're approaching something, and then the red triangle + beeps as you're getting really close.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think there are two levels, you get the yellow warning triangle as you're approaching something, and then the red triangle + beeps as you're getting really close.
Hmm alright, I will have to try this in a controlled environment. I could have sworn when I first got it before messing with settings it beeped once with yellow then a bunch of times with red!

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hmm alright, I will have to try this in a controlled environment. I could have sworn when I first got it before messing with settings it beeped once with yellow then a bunch of times with red!
It's also possible that your cross-traffic alert went off while you were at yellow. I typically back in to my garage and the cross-traffic alert goes off when it senses my garage walls as I back in (typically when at yellow). But otherwise, as the others have noted above, the audible alerts typically only go off when you're approaching the red zone.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's also possible that your cross-traffic alert went off while you were at yellow. I typically back in to my garage and the cross-traffic alert goes off when it senses my garage walls as I back in (typically when at yellow). But otherwise, as the others have noted above, the audible alerts typically only go off when you're approaching the red zone.
I tried it out this morning and you are right, no beeps except the red zone. Weird. I guess I am used to my old Volt beeping at me all the time :)

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I tried it out this morning and you are right, no beeps except the red zone. Weird. I guess I am used to my old Volt beeping at me all the time :)
No point of reference in our case - the Bolt was our first new vehicle in 8 years (!). Our previous ICE cars were all "dumb," with no major tech features. Still not completely used to it, I still have a sense of wonder and awe every time I use the Bolt - like I'm in the future! :D

·
Registered
967 Posts
No point of reference in our case - the Bolt was our first new vehicle in 8 years (!). Our previous ICE cars were all "dumb," with no major tech features. Still not completely used to it, I still have a sense of wonder and awe every time I use the Bolt - like I'm in the future! :D
Since you posted this months ago, congratulations.........you are now in the future! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.