Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, while doing some monitoring with Torque Pro, I noticed that if I recorded the values for the MG V (pack voltage), SoC DIC (state-of-charge for display in the dash), and SoC raw at the end of a drive, parked the car not plugged in, and then came back a little later, turned on the car, and checked the same values with Torque Pro, the values shown may be higher than just at the end of the drive just before parking.

Explanation for this?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
My iPad does the same thing sometimes. I'll turn it off with 66% charge, but when I turn it back on 4 hours later, it says 67%. I know in the 4 hours I was away, it was doing stuff. It's always doing something. But then I come back and it's higher.

·
Registered
369 Posts
It’s called “relaxing”.

Remove the load and the cell voltages recover a little. The same thing happens when you let a flashlight rest. Bright when you turn it on, but dims back down.

Also temperature.

This happens with all cell chemistries.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another oddity: this morning, the pack voltage was higher, but the state-of-charge percentages were lower after being parked overnight (not plugged in).

A previous day, the DIC state-of-charge at the end of a drive was oddly high in relation to the raw state-of-charge. After being parked a while, a more realistic DIC state-of-charge showed up, about 10% lower than it was at the end of the drive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts