Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
  • Hey Guest, welcome to ChevyBolt.org. We encourage you to register to engage in conversations about your Bolt.

Parts Availability?

386 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Toyotiac
While this question is prompted by questions in various forums about future parts availability for the EOL Bolt, I’m thinking in more general terms. I’ve seen a few folks persuing buybacks for crash damaged cars for which no parts are available and pricing new cars on any of GMs websites brings up disclaimers about features and options being unavailable due to chip and parts shortages. This has me wondering if we will eventually get back to what used to be normal or are we in a semi permanent state of you’ll get whatever is available.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I’d think it depends on what you’re buying. EV cars are hot right now. Other types not so much.

It also depends what you think “normal” is, and how permanent you expect “normal” to be.

Even the weather is not “normal.”
I’d think it depends on what you’re buying. EV cars are hot right now. Other types not so much.

It also depends what you think “normal” is, and how permanent you expect “normal” to be.

Even the weather is not “normal.”
Actually, I was pricing ICE cars, so it would appear GM can’t acquire all the necessary parts for anything they make.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts