Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need some advice: my son got into an accident with our two months old Bolt and damaged the front bumper on the left side. Geico certified body shop here in Seattle says they can't get the 3 aluminum parts that attach the frame to the front bumper due to how new this model is and that GM is not making extra to stock the service channel. Geico suggests designate it a "total loss." and settle with the leasing company. any suggestion on how I should take this up with GM to get the parts? who can I call?

·
Super Moderator
2,578 Posts
need some advice: my son got into an accident with our two months old Bolt and damaged the front bumper on the left side. Geico certified body shop here in Seattle says they can't get the 3 aluminum parts that attach the frame to the front bumper due to how new this model is and that GM is not making extra to stock the service channel. Geico suggests designate it a "total loss." and settle with the leasing company. any suggestion on how I should take this up with GM to get the parts? who can I call?
I would suggest that you be proactive. Ask for the list of part the body shop needs. Get the actual GM part numbers of them. If they can't provide that, they are giving you a line of BS.

Once you have the part numbers, start at your local dealer and see if you can get the parts. If you try numerous dealers as well as online and they all say "backordered" or some such crap, then you contact GM customer service with your plight and see how that goes.

There is a point though that you may just have to wait. It is a new, low volume car. However, Bro1999 here was able to get his car fixed and it needed a fair number of body parts...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I had no issue getting the front grill ordered and replaced and some slight paint damage. I had no structural damage. Looks great without front plate. The part is $368 if people are interested in getting it to remove front plate without leaving holes behind.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks DaV8or and SteveCaz for your responses. as it turned out. what I was told is all true. sad, but true. part number is 42573379, left front rail assembly which comes with the three front absorber brackets that I need.
I called customer experience and was told to work with my dealer. my dealer's parts manager looked up his system and told me this part is not available anywhere in the country. Service King have direct access to GM's OPS which says this part is not even in production. The request was escalated but no dates given on when GM will make it available in the parts channel. i also needed front grill, bumper and headlights. those are all available. Apparently it's not unusual for a brand new model to have this sort of lag time for certain parts. I found a contact who is the Bolts spokesperson at GM so he is trying to see what he can do.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I had no issue getting the front grill ordered and replaced and some slight paint damage. I had no structural damage. Looks great without front plate. The part is $368 if people are interested in getting it to remove front plate without leaving holes behind.
Five days into ownership, my son swapped paint with another car in a parking lot. I need a new front grill (the one that holds the plate). Do you happen to have the part number?

The online catalogs don't yet cover it (as far as I've found), and I'd rather not pay whatever the dealer is asking.

·
Registered
112 Posts
What scrap value is the insurance company placing on the vehicle? If they are willing to declare it a total loss (ie non-repairable) and the assigned scrap value of the vehicle is sufficiently low you might consider purchasing it and sticking it in your garage until such time as parts are available (or you can get a machine shop to fabricate the parts) or selling the scrapped vehicle for a nice profit.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Maybe contact the lien holder and ask what the current payout is for the car and go from there. Will Geico still cover the needed parts and repairs if you wait?

·
Registered
6 Posts
@dwlin1 did you get anywhere further with this? I'm also in Seattle and have damage to my front left corner - it's going in for an estimate later today with an independent shop but I may end up taking to Service King too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts