Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There is a lot of room underneath that false cargo floor.

Untitled by tk_1971, on Flickr

I had a thought... I can put a cargo organizer underneath the false floor. Then whatever I put in it can be hidden and won't bounce/roll around. The cargo area is about 39"x25"x9". Most cargo organizers are about 12" in height. Then I found this:

https://www.amazon.com/Rola-59001-M-O-V-E-Rigid-Base-Organizer/dp/B000E81VN8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488566646&sr=8-1&keywords=rola+trunk+organizer

The Rola 59001 is 38"x15"x7". On paper it's perfect and it should clear the cargo floor tilt catch area / hinge so it won't interfere with the tilting function.

I'll post a picture up after I receive and install it. I still have my above the false floor organizer. With organizers above and below the false floor, it should allow me to achieve "Maximum Density" in loading my cargo area on Costco supply runs.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I really liked the cargo organizer in my 2011 Leaf. It had two compartments each with its own lid. With the lids down, they formed a floor much like the Bolt. The lids could be lifted separately allowing me to slide stuf to one side and lift the the other lid.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
What all do you guys carry in there? It looks really functional, but when I stop to think about it, I really don't carry stuff around with the car. Cargo comes and goes for sure frequently, but what goes in comes out at the other end.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
That does look really good and it would help a lot with groceries. Putting eggs underneath and bread, you know the stuff that usually gets squished. Other than that though, maybe tire repair kit, one of those mini umbrellas, I don't know.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What all do you guys carry in there? It looks really functional, but when I stop to think about it, I really don't carry stuff around with the car. Cargo comes and goes for sure frequently, but what goes in comes out at the other end.
Let's see at the bottom: hot dogs, burger patties, buns, apples, breakfast burritos, berries, melons, mushrooms, veggies, salad.

Then on top bulky items: toilet paper and paper towels.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Thanks for taking the dive first!

I'd put some essentials in there that never leaves the car; first aid kit, small blanket, candles, wiper fluid, etc. Nice to have it all organized instead of sliding around the back.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i've removed the useless chunk of styrofoam they stuck down there to act as a holder for the nonexistent spare tire to free up additional valuable storage room for the "emergency stuff" I haul around in case of accident or earthquake or whatever.

Would this holder still work??? It says it has a solid bottom. Is it strong?

·
Registered
735 Posts
I would like to use it for groceries but I typically keep them in the grocery bag, no point loading/unloading them when in 15 minutes from my local wholefoods, i'm home.

So, in my situation what this would be great for is storing valuables once parked. On road trips it will help too.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i've removed the useless chunk of styrofoam they stuck down there to act as a holder for the nonexistent spare tire to free up additional valuable storage room for the "emergency stuff" I haul around in case of accident or earthquake or whatever.

Would this holder still work??? It says it has a solid bottom. Is it strong?
There is another floor above the foam so it should work. As for me, my Bose sub and some electronics live in that spot so I haven't tried to remove it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
You da bomb! Thanks...
Just ordered one from Amazon. I have a smaller one in there, but it doesn't use the space effectively. This one is perfect! And the dividers are moveable too!

·
Registered
735 Posts
Any gun owners on the forum? A gun case in that area would be perfect for transporting them to the range and back or where ever you plan to go with your arms. I know the Bolt isn't necessarily targeted towards gun nuts but figured I would try :D

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
Any gun owners on the forum? A gun case in that area would be perfect for transporting them to the range and back or where ever you plan to go with your arms. I know the Bolt isn't necessarily targeted towards gun nuts but figured I would try :D
Yes, I'm a gun owner. That is a good place to put them. I'm not sure how many long guns you'll get in there, but it is a good location for that sort of transport. I will likely use it that way at some point, someday when I get my car.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any gun owners on the forum? A gun case in that area would be perfect for transporting them to the range and back or where ever you plan to go with your arms. I know the Bolt isn't necessarily targeted towards gun nuts but figured I would try
I have soft carry cases so I'm pretty sure my longest rifles (M1A & M1 Garand) will both fit down there at the same time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
tk1971, a thousand thanks!

Ordered mine right after seeing your post. Arrived Friday. Installed on Saturday. So cool! Thanks for doing all the legwork. Would have taken me months......

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks from me as well! I might still be waiting on my confirmation number but st least I have an organizer for the trunk! It arrived from Amazon today. ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
We bought one of the ones in this thread and it works good. Wanted something to hold things (bags/clothes/milk) and not roll around. It fits nicely under the deck and you can move the panels around. The bottom is a tougher rubber. You can technically carry (light) things as it has handles.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts