Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Every time I get into my 2022 EUV, after a minute or so when starting and then driving, I get the message "can not connect to Apple Car Play."

It is very annoying and distracting. I have never used Apple Car Play and never will. Is there a way to stop this message from coming up on the screen? I'd like the screen to remain where I set it when turning the Bolt on.

I found this on Apple Discussions by another user and it remains unanswered...

"Jan 15, 2020 3:40 PM in response to chris_g1
This has happened to me numerous times when backing out of the driveway. In two instances it surprised me enough to almost cause an accident. It DISTRACTED me from my driving and this can be FATAL! This needs to be escalated and turned off."

·
Administrator
3,144 Posts
Perhaps it was used by a prospective buyer and it is searching for the only phone it knows.

Page 153 of the owners manual describes resetting the system, which should remove any phones. Maybe that will help?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Chevrolet Bolt
2,665 Posts
There's also a setting to turn off Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
Home -> Apps -> Settings -> Radio -> Apple CarPlay

·
Administrator
3,144 Posts
There's also a setting to turn off Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
Home -> Apps -> Settings -> Radio -> Apple CarPlay
Might be different on 2022, the whole Infotainment UI underwent a major overhaul.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My car seems to have been programmed to freeze the infotainment system 60 seconds after I decide to use Apple CarPlay 👀

·
Registered
95 Posts
This can happen if you are using a VPN on your phone. That was my problem, at least, with NordVPN. YMMV
Thanks for the suggestion but I don’t use a VPN. Pretty sure it’s the Bolt as I used our Kia Niro Hybrid yesterday and CarPlay worked flawlessly the entire time.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Perhaps it was used by a prospective buyer and it is searching for the only phone it knows.

Page 153 of the owners manual describes resetting the system, which should remove any phones. Maybe that will help?
Sorry for the delay... My Bolt had 12 miles on it when I bought it and so I suspect a salesperson did a demo ride in it the day before my purchase, with a prospective buyer (or "joy rider"...) I'll go to page 153 next time I get in the Bolt and make the fix.

Thanks

·
Registered
65 Posts
If you don't have a lot of customization done to your Bolt, could the "Revert to Factory Settings" option get rid of the annoying problem you are seeing? I once had an older Chevrolet Volt that had a similar issue, I suspected was caused by a prospective buyer or a salesman experimentation/demo. I traded the Volt before trying the reset option.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts