Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I went with:

GAS YART

on a CA Black/Yellow retro plate. Should look good on Orange Burst w/Black Bow Ties :D

I was seriously considering some variation of “electrons”, though.

Great ideas in this thread!! Hats off to the OP for starting it!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
LIGHTNG was the third-choice for mine, but I've actually gone a little away from the usual EV choices (my old car was RAV4-EV) and applied for "FLOOF E" for Oregon, which is a play on "Floofy", a term that's often used to described mascots and fursuit performers. Since Art3mis (my Bolt EV) will be getting me to a lot of charity events, I'm going with that option, along with the following decal showing two of my main characters...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Mine is the second Bolt EV registered in the State of WV and many options are still open. Considering "BLUEBOLT", "BOLT EV", and, since I am a retired surgeon (turned University Professor), "EV 4A MD" & "BOLT4AMD".

·
Registered
198 Posts
I noticed some DMV's are getting smarter and picking up on what some of these plates mean and even have the power to request a plate to be pulled.
Yeah, I have KIXGAS2 on my electric motorcycle, but had to write an appeal to get it through the California censors.

I made a bumper sticker for my electric bicycle: OIL IS FOR SISSIES

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
So long as there isn't any profanity in there, the custom plates will go through. But the censored ones are the funny ones. :crying:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Wanted something catchy and not offensive. Now leaning toward the "green" emphasis ("ITSGREEN", "IBGREEN", "EZ2BGREN") rather than personal info ("MD") or the "BLUE" color. The fact that it is a BOLT (although "BOLTNUT" or "NUTSBOLT" are cute) and is BLUE are obvious and probably don't bear repeating. Does "AMPED UP" imply drug usage? I kinda like "WATTS UP". What about "NOCO24ME"? Since I live in WV and most electricity is produced by coal, how about "COALPRWD"?

This is a fun side of the Forum, but I get lots of smiles from your comments.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Can't wait to do the bowties the light blue. Matches the plate color too.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Of the 20 or so suggestions I received, I am leaning toward LCTRCBLU (8 character limit in WV). Our plates have blue lettering, very similar in shade to Kinetic Blue. I'll decide tonight & order online tomorrow. I'll try to post a pix when received/installed.

61 - 80 of 111 Posts