Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pretty much had decided to add the heated seats and steering wheel to my build and then I saw this today!

https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/solar-and-vehicles/options/clean-vehicles/electric/clean-fuel-rebate-for-electric-vehicles.page

PG&E (Pacific Gas and Electric) is offering a $500 rebate to their customers (of which I am one) for registering an EV in the household with them. I should easily qualify for they rebate, so the $500 goes a long way towards paying for the Driver Comfort and Convenience Package for the Bolt. ($555)

Many of you should be able to claim this credit too!:)

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Congratulations ! That's pretty great that you can get another $500 off ! How much did you get in rebates in total overall ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Let us know when you get your check. I filed early for it too. Thanks go to PG&E, its customers, and the California Public Utilities Commission for this support!

·
Super Moderator
2,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Congratulations ! That's pretty great that you can get another $500 off ! How much did you get in rebates in total overall ?
I haven't bought a Bolt yet, so I won't get anything yet. I expect to get a $2500 rebate from the state, a $7500 tax credit from the Feds and now a $500 rebate from PG&E. It would be nice if that added up to $10,500 in savings, but it doesn't. Both of the rebates are taxable income and so they giveth with one hand and take away some with the other. Still, I think it will represent about a $9,660 savings for me over all and that's still pretty cool.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know. And go for the heated seats and steering wheel- they are amazing. I drove from the Bay Area to Sacramento today (about 50 degrees outside) with just those and was perfectly comfortable (I did pre-condition the cabin). Plenty of juice left for the drive home.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Hopefully the heated wheel won't give issues down the road and not heat up properly among all the other potential issues that can happen.
With that being said the coming months of Bolts racking miles will be the most interesting since they will be broken in by the end.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Even after taxes, that's still a lot in savings for a brand new electric car. Works as a reminder for everyone else to check if there are additional local perks for owning an electric vehicle.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Is it true that we can't apply for the CA rebate until we have the license plate / registration ?
same goes with HOV stickers ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Is it true that we can't apply for the CA rebate until we have the license plate / registration ?
same goes with HOV stickers ?
I believe it is. I already sent in the PG&E rebate online since it only needed the temporary registration on the window.

But looking at the California rebate and the HOV stickers they need a plate number to associate it with. I'm hoping to get my plates this week or next since it usually only takes a few weeks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I believe it is. I already sent in the PG&E rebate online since it only needed the temporary registration on the window.

But looking at the California rebate and the HOV stickers they need a plate number to associate it with. I'm hoping to get my plates this week or next since it usually only takes a few weeks.
Cool thx for confirming. It's been a little lame these days going thru bay bridge .. can't use Fastrak, can't use HOV lane .. stuck in cash lane in a spanking new EV !

·
Registered
45 Posts
Cool thx for confirming. It's been a little lame these days going thru bay bridge .. can't use Fastrak, can't use HOV lane .. stuck in cash lane in a spanking new EV !
Your dealer can apply for the HOV stickers with the VIN. You only have to wait for the registration if you want to apply yourself.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I pretty much had decided to add the heated seats and steering wheel to my build and then I saw this today!

https://www.pge.com/en_US/residential/solar-and-vehicles/options/clean-vehicles/electric/clean-fuel-rebate-for-electric-vehicles.page

PG&E (Pacific Gas and Electric) is offering a $500 rebate to their customers (of which I am one) for registering an EV in the household with them. I should easily qualify for they rebate, so the $500 goes a long way towards paying for the Driver Comfort and Convenience Package for the Bolt. ($555)

Many of you should be able to claim this credit too!:)
Thanks DaV8or! I applied for the rebate and it said it takes about 4 weeks to process. :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
You still need to pay...

You'll need Fastrak, If it's still the same as it was with prius stickers, you had to have fastrak to use the carpool lanes at the bridges. The stickers let you use carpool lanes, but it does not get you out of paying the bridge toll. (Unless it's a toll road/carpool, like Highway 580)

So even with the stickers, if you don't have Fastrak, you'll need to be in a cash lane since I don't believe Carpool lanes have a booth.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just got my notice from PG&E that my application for the $500 bucks was approved... for my Leaf.

When I get my Bolt (hopefully next week) I will file another application for that car.

Yippee!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
You still need to pay...

You'll need Fastrak, If it's still the same as it was with prius stickers, you had to have fastrak to use the carpool lanes at the bridges. The stickers let you use carpool lanes, but it does not get you out of paying the bridge toll. (Unless it's a toll road/carpool, like Highway 580)

So even with the stickers, if you don't have Fastrak, you'll need to be in a cash lane since I don't believe Carpool lanes have a booth.
Haha exactly, that's what's lame these days waiting for sticker .. no plates, no fastrak, no carpool.
Cash lane ... at least not burning gas waiting ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts