Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that Waze is finally getting available for Android Auto I need a good spot to hold my phone near the center console while connected to the USB, unfortunately my phone doesn’t fit in the Wireless charging pit (WTF GM most phones nowadays are around 5.5” and none of therm fit in the Wireless charging pit, this is such a big oversight). I didn’t want to fiddle with opening and closing the console lid and I wanted something very easy to be able to slide the phone in and out of, while providing some protection for the phone.

Here is the solution I came up with:

• I use one of the same “Beer Cozy” that I used to avoid my tumbler to rattle
  • I cut it shorter so the phone stick out.
  • Put some electrical tape at the top to avoid the neoprene to fret when inserting and removing the phone.
  • I sew some double sided tape to it at the top and at the bottom, because the tape do not hold on the neoprene.
  • I taped the whole assembly to the center console on the passenger side at a spot where the seat can move all the way forward without interfering with the seat belt receiver.
It turn out decent, I think I can find a black and shorter cozy to avoid putting the electrical tape for a cleaner look, but for now that’ll do.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Love your solution and will be making one myself. My iPhone 7+ doesn't fit the wireless recharger slot. I also like how you put it on the passenger side :)
I think I'll put mine on the front. In any case a very cool idea.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Love your solution and will be making one myself. My iPhone 7+ doesn't fit the wireless recharger slot. I also like how you put it on the passenger side :)
I think I'll put mine on the front. In any case a very cool idea.
I have an iPhone 7 plus. I removed the rubber insert in the phone charging slot and my phone now fits in there.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think my front seat passengers might have an issue with me putting my phone there.

I never use my cup holder, so I got a cup holder mount which puts my phone right under the center console buttons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts