Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I have driven it from Santa Clarita to LAX and back in the pouring rain. Still had over 100 miles of range when I got bacl and the car drive quite nicely. It is also surprisingly quick. It will spin the front wheels if you floor it, especially in the rain.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Congrats on the new Bolt! I think a set of stickier tires would fix the tire spin problem when the pavement is wet. That used to happen to my older car with an old set of tires and worn out treads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep I am sure you could get a decent 0-60 time out of the bolt with larger stickier fronts but that isn't something I am interested in so I will keep it the way it is.

I have been experimenting with driving in L and D. Frankly not sure I am in love with "L" mode yet. I find that it fatigues my right leg to constantly moderating the pressure on the accelerator.

On the other hand, the steering wheel regen paddle, that I thought was going to be useless, is turning out to be very handy when driving in "D" but coming up on slower traffic.

My biggest complaint is the interface... not only in the car but on the iPhone app and on the web. My iPhone app still shows the cars status from when I first installed the app and I see no way to refresh it. The website is down for maintenance more than it is up and when it is up it times out so often as to be nearly useless.

All in all though I love the car so far.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My iPhone app still shows the cars status from when I first installed the app and I see no way to refresh it.
Once on the vehicle status screen, touch the screen and drag it down. As you do that, you'll see the words "Pull to Refresh" as well as the last update date/time. Keep pulling then let go, and it should begin refreshing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Once on the vehicle status screen, touch the screen and drag it down. As you do that, you'll see the words "Pull to Refresh" as well as the last update date/time. Keep pulling then let go, and it should begin refreshing.
Yep! that was what I needed. Thanks!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Wow, really? That seems like a horribly unintuitive UI design. Why not a simple "refresh" or "synch" icon you can tap?
Yes, it certainly does. Took me a while to stumble onto it. gmail on Android uses the same refresh swipe - I didn't like it there either. Of course, once you know, it works fine.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wow, really? That seems like a horribly unintuitive UI design. Why not a simple "refresh" or "synch" icon you can tap?
I totally agree with you. It wouldn't have taken up that much space to add a refresh button, and it's totally unintuitive for those who are not familiar.

It seems to be the trend though...on many mobile apps on iOS, Android and Windows Mobile platforms use the same function for refresh. The Facebook app is a good example.

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
As cars become more and more computer on wheels, I guarantee you that GM and all the other major car makers will always have clunky UIs that could use improvement. That's because the best and the brightest in this field are not going to be inspired to work for GM, Ford, VW, Toyota etc. Tesla on the other hand with their cutting edge, going to Mars in a few years image, likely can attract some of these folks. No doubt Elon puts a high priority on UI too.

It's a tough nut to crack for a company like GM. The only way I can see them getting ahead in this area, is to start offering significantly more money than Tesla, Apple, Google, etc for these types of positions. To do that, they would likely have to offer more money than the people managing them would get. Sticky situation for sure. However, the 21st century car's most intimate feature with the end user is the UI. It's likely worth their money and they will need to suck it up, pay the money and try to get the rest of the employees to understand.

It works in Hollywood. The actors make more than anybody telling them what to do in many cases.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Much a do about nothing. A big explanation for nothing. Many apps use this same "pull to refresh".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts