Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title really says it all. Dealership emailed me yesterday that they received it and I could pick it up today. They are about 3.5hrs away from me, thankfully almost the entire way home was SuperCruise roads. It did take a little bit of getting used to, and seemed to hug the right side of the lane a bit, but it really makes driving in traffic very bearable. It yelled at me (blinked rapidly) when I rested my head on my hand propped against the window, but otherwise I just made sure nobody hit my brand new car and my brand new car didn't hit anyone. Sitting there monitoring it is quite like using altitude and heading hold autopilot systems ! I even found myself using the same sitting position with hands clasped and feet tucked in as I would in an aircraft to clear the rudders and yoke ha.

I had only seen, never driven, a Bolt before picking mine up and first impressions are wow and dang. What a neat little car. Standard comment about seats being firm, like new airline seats.

I hit an Electrify America DCFC in a rural Walmart parking lot at 930p as my first experience, in a light drizzle with tons of lightning. Went very well utilizing the app thanks to the great advice on these forums. Charged from 23% to 77% in 49min while I ate a sandwich and bummed around on my phone. Went by surprisingly fast; originally I set my target charging to 70% but seeing as how I'll only have 110v until Monday, I was still 50mi from home, and was not bored out of my mind I let it ride for a bit more. For now I hooked up the included dual level charger to a 110v outlet and snaked the cable under my garage door. QMerit installer had to reschedule from yesterday to this coming Monday (timing checks with my luck; he had a guy call out sick and it's a small business). Overall a positive experience with QMerit and my dealer. GMs tracking system is horrible. I can track a $10 amazon package across the country but not a GM vehicle from Michigan to NC lol.

Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive parking light Car

Font Technology Electric blue Screenshot Multimedia

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Congratulations and enjoy it !
It is indeed an eye opener when you drive first time the Bolt EV. Even after 3.5 years of mine, I still am looking for excuses to go out and drive it and it puts a smile on my face.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bravo - Does this mean they're shipping Supercruise equipped vehicles? how long ago did you order it?
Put an ADS-B on it for tracking
Yes they are shipping them but it is "constrained". Of the 12 allotments this dealership had, only 2 were Super Cruise. Another dealership had 6 slated for production and 1 supercruise, another 10 slated for production and 0 supercruise.

I'm probably going to upset some people but I didn't actually order it, just called around to a few dealerships to see what they had. Put my name on a few awaiting battery replacements (for free, but let them know I would purchase same day and had pre-approved financing until end of July). Three dealerships called me back about new production 2022s, 2 had production dates set but this one had already had them produced (first batch of new battery production... so I guess we'll see) and were sitting at Code4000 awaiting transit with an 18 June ETA. I put down a $1000 deposit and as soon as it was Invoiced & Bayed, I signed a purchase agreement. And although GMs tracking system is terrible and that date was moved forward 9 days just to be moved back a single day at a time for almost a week, it still arrived a day earlier than the original time.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got her all cleaned up from the drive and about to put some Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Coating on it. I really like this stuff. Seems to last awhile. Not affiliated with turtle wax or anything, just think this is a great product. As is this Chem guys honeydew foam wash through a cheap foam cannon/snow foam lance. Makes car washing super easy, and basically touchless minus drying.

Tire Car Plant Vehicle Wheel

Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire Car

Also put in front and rear weathertech floorliners
Vehicle Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle Automotive design

Have my original floormats for sale, I'll post in the For Sale section.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt - Silver Flare Metallic- LT1
215 Posts
Got her all cleaned up from the drive and about to put some Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Coating on it. I really like this stuff. Seems to last awhile. Not affiliated with turtle wax or anything, just think this is a great product. As is this Chem guys honeydew foam wash through a cheap foam cannon/snow foam lance. Makes car washing super easy, and basically touchless minus drying.

View attachment 43539

View attachment 43538

Also put in front and rear weathertech floorliners
View attachment 43540

That is one sweet looking ride for sure!
I do like the looks of those weather tech mats. I’ll have to consider them for my EV. Thanks for the tip on turtle wax.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Congrats! Glad you're enjoying the car. I actually look forward to my short commute to work now thanks to my little orange Bolt.

Reactions: ARCowboy and Jim99

·
Registered
2021Bolt to 2022EUV
1,053 Posts
Congrads
Looks like it changed color from the Summit white to silver after that stuff.

I thought those where weather tech floor liners? I gave my weather techs from the 21 away as those originals fit better.

I have the summit white 22 also. But no super cruise or even adaptive.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrads
Looks like it changed color from the Summit white to silver after that stuff.

I thought those where weather tech floor liners? I gave my weather techs from the 21 away as those originals fit better.

I have the summit white 22 also. But no super cruise or even adaptive.
Haha yeah that foam lance is pretty awesome. Have washed my truck somewhat regularly with it over the last 4 years and finally through the first bottle.

Pictures is of the weathertechs, I was simply stating I am going to post my original floormats for sale. I will admit I don't like how the weathertechs fit the trim around the deadpedal, but we'll see. I live in the south and park in a gravel grated lot. I end up with mud on my shoes quite often in my line of work and also hobbies so a rubber-like floorliner is somewhat of a necessity for my lifestyle. The original carpet floormats aren't going to cut it.

·
Registered
2022 Bolt EUV Premier
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Installed some Extreme Outback Products No Loss tire caps. I've had these on my last 2 vehicles (not including the Bolt) and they wonderfully solve such a first world problem: losing the black caps on the tire stems. I religiously fill up my vehicle tires at home so they make a difference to me. Not affiliated with them, just love these tire stem caps. They make metal ones but those can interfere with TPMS. No issues on my 2016 Colorado with these for 4 years, TPMS or otherwise.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

1 - 12 of 12 Posts