Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live on Cape Cod (Outer Cape ~ 50 miles to just get off Cape Cod!!). My dealer, Quirk, is 91 miles from my house. Very smooth and easy turning car over to me. Tech guy went over some of the controls and things. I don't think we were there 20 minutes.

The GOM showed 196 miles when we started for home. When I arrived at our house the GOM read 168 miles! Clean living (and regenerative braking)!

Nice car.

Rich

·
Registered
824 Posts
Excellent, glad to hear that it all went well, I know from your posts you have been preparing for today, enjoy your new Bolt EV!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks WonderBolt! Not even going to put a charge on the car yet. Will do a write-up on using the EVSE unit with both 110v and 240v outlets. There was some debate about this on the forum recently, and I figured I can add some empirical data to the mix!

As you can see, I have both levels of electrical outlet right by the car, so it'll be an easy test to perform.

Rich

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi RichCapeCod,
Good, your 91 miles reduced the GOM from 196 to 168 miles. And congratulations with your beautiful blue Bolt.
Last month (the 31st of March!) I drove my new Bolt from Quirk to my home in Peabody. Those 54.2 miles reduced the GOM from 195 to just 185 miles. It just means you and I drove more slowly than the person who drove the car the last time. The computer estimates the remaining range according to your immediate driving style (try turning on the heater....GOM immediately reduces by ~20 miles :)).
The numbers to watch are the 'kilowatthours (kWh) used". You probably used ~23kWh over those 91 miles, as I used 12.8kWh to get those 54.2 miles from the Quirk dealer in Braintree. The Bolt supposedly can store 60kWh, and I'm calculating if the battery is actually capable of that (it looks like it is).
Good luck with your blue Bolt.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi spothibber. I was trying to deduce the meaning of all the numbers on the various screens. Next time, when discussing an issue relevant to electricity used, I'll note the amounts I see and put them in my postings.

Good Bolting in Peabody!

Rich

·
Registered
176 Posts
They put their badge on by drilling holes (I think) in the **** metal and putting on a large plastic logo! Didn't know that was gonna happen!

Rich
Hi Rich,

They shouldn't have drilled holes. I think there are laws (may vary by state) about them affixing emblems like this and they should give you the option to have it removed. What I would do is call the dealer and ask them what type of emblem this is. More likely its just glued on and can be removed with some quality dental floss and a little bit of wax after removal. Mine was actually a decal which I had to remove with a blow dryer and some patience.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi. Here are some photos of the emblem. Might just be glue. I'm a bit hesitant about trying to pry it off. Perhaps that's their goal. :eek:

Rich

I got mine at the same place. I just asked them to remove it and it was off when I went to pick the car up. It was sitting behind the car when I did the walk around so I think it's just glued on. Take it back and get them to remove it or use heat.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I wouldn't use heat method on that type. If you take some dental floss and work it behind the emblem from side to side it should come off without needing to pry it. You could also take it back and have them remove it but you said your 90+ miles from them.

That is one sharp looking bolt though. Mine is silver but I do like that blue.

Hi Rich,

They shouldn't have drilled holes. ............

Hi. Here are some photos of the emblem. Might just be glue. I'm a bit hesitant about trying to pry it off. Perhaps that's their goal. /forum/images/ChevyBolt/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png

Rich

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
too bad they put it right below the Bolt EV badge. my dealer put theirs on the opposite side, but due to the rounded edge it started to lift off over time. appears yours is already doing that. mine ended up coming off with a little help after a few car washes.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts