Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Since we’re talking about aftermarket wheels, I thought we’d take a look at the plethora of tires we could potentially equip the Bolt with including a set of plastics.

Just thought it would be an interesting topic after watching a video of the Nissan Leaf drifting around the Anglesey circuit while a professional drifting race was taking place. There’s nothing special about this Leaf, just a standard 100 hp, electric powered, front wheel drive Nissan Leaf. Only thing different are the plastic back tires. There’s no hydraulic handbrake behind the drift, just good old body shifting.

If the Leaf can hoon it down a track and drift, why not the bolt EV? It has more power and it’s front wheel drive.

Do you guys think the Chevy Bolt can be drifted? If plastic tires don’t interest you, what tires do?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Why should I waste electrical energy in drifting? I need every watt-hour or joule to transport me, not for burning tires!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Why should I waste electrical energy in drifting? I need every watt-hour or joule to transport me, not for burning tires!

I have a feeling some crazy drifter out there is waiting for one of these to get totaled so they have a rolling chassis to work with... then we might start to see some crazy stuff happening like a mid-mount corvette engine Bolt drift car. :D

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I doubt we'll see a drifting Bolt from an average owner, more likely to come from a publication. No big loss if we never see someone drift a Bolt.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I have a feeling some crazy drifter out there is waiting for one of these to get totaled so they have a rolling chassis to work with... then we might start to see some crazy stuff happening like a mid-mount corvette engine Bolt drift car. :D
This is exactly something I would expect out of Ryan Tuerck ! He's known for doing the craziest things that the average wouldn't do just for the fun of it lol. He just shoehorned a Ferrari 458 engine into an 86 haha. Wait till the Bolt comes out, and he'll probably be the first one to do something like this in the professional world >:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts