Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to do some research in this area. I haven't even tried to figure this out yet, but before I do I wanted to check here to see if anyone has been able to somehow successfully put Audible files on a USB stick and listen to them on the Bolt's stereo system. I know I could just "download the app" and listen via bluetooth, but I am not really a phone person and actually leave the house sometimes with out it (gasp!).

·
Registered
249 Posts
Audible files are protected with DRM. That is to say, they are encrypted. You need an app supplied by Audible to be able to play them. These apps are available for a dizzying array of devices, including Garmin GPSs for instance. That said, I don’t think its possible to play them from a thumb drive. You could probably find I cheap MP3 player to just keep in the car that has Audible build in.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use LibriVox app on my smart phone to play audio books. There is a huge selection from which to choose, albeit, not current literature and best sellers.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Audible files are protected with DRM. That is to say, they are encrypted. You need an app supplied by Audible to be able to play them. These apps are available for a dizzying array of devices, including Garmin GPSs for instance. That said, I don’t think its possible to play them from a thumb drive. You could probably find I cheap MP3 player to just keep in the car that has Audible build in.
This. Maybe pick up a used scratch and dent iPod touch that you can leave in the car with Audible installed and audiobooks downloaded onto the device.

·
Registered
243 Posts
This. Maybe pick up a used scratch and dent iPod touch that you can leave in the car with Audible installed and audiobooks downloaded onto the device.
Regarding used, Apple refurbs (have ordered a bunch of iOS devices for work before from Apple) at https://www.apple.com/shop/refurbished/ipod has some. Inventory comes and goes. They look brand new from the outside since their outer shell is replaced.

5th gen can't go higher than iOS 9.x.x. 6th gen can't go higher than iOS 12.x.x. iOS is currently at 13.1.2 with 13.2.x being in beta right now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts