Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you go to the Koni website, you can contact them and request that they develop shocks for the Bolt EV. I sent in a request and got a response the next day, so they do pay attention.

I was probably the first to ask them for this, but if they get a few hundred people requesting that they offer the FSD shocks for our cars, they might actually do so sooner than otherwise. Their FSD shocks would give a softer ride on the bumps, but with less body roll and pitch.

koni-na.com/en-US/NorthAmerica/About/Contact/

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
What did they say in the response? Just wondering if they specified the requirement needed before development happens.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump'ing this up to visibility again. If you care about the handling of your Bolt, please contact Koni at koni-na.com/en-US/NorthAmerica/About/Contact/
Ask them to make their FSD shocks available for the Bolt, and it might happen...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
How should I word the request? I'm not a gear head so I'm not even sure how to swap out my shocks. If the kit is cheap enough (and $700 looks cheap enough), I assume I could just go to my dealer or a local mechanic to swap out the shocks? I probably won't but don't mind asking for this feature so others can review/test them before I get jealous and pull the trigger.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Koni offers a variety of shock absorbers, for track and street and anything in between. Of those, the FSD is designed for comfortable sporty use - it cuts the small bumps better than stock Bolt, while reducing body lean and brake dive, thus improving cornering/handling.
http://www.koni.com/Cars/Products/Performance/FSD/

So ask them to develop their FSD shocks for the Bolt EV. They offer the FSD for the Cruze, so it shouldn't be too difficult for them to adapt it for the Bolt.

Any local wrench should be able to do the installation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts