Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some threaded J hooks at Ace, hung the cord from the rafters, then suspended the plug using a short rubber bungee and some leftover chain I found lying around in the garage. Ten minute, $4 solution, and now my plug is right at hand right next to the charge port when I pull into the garage!

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I know you came up with this on your own, but it's been documented here...years ago. Please do a search before starting new threads.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Got some threaded J hooks at Ace, hung the cord from the rafters, then suspended the plug using a short rubber bungee and some leftover chain I found lying around in the garage. Ten minute, $4 solution, and now my plug is right at hand right next to the charge port when I pull into the garage!

View attachment 28985
Kudos for your solution ! I have almost the same solution hanging from my double car port. The cord nozzle easily reaches both Bolts, then hangs out of the way when not in use...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Imagine how many more grouchy posts we're going to get now that many of us are confined to quarters for the duration, with nothing much else to do!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Sorry, I'm sure that cost you money for me to post that. I'll try to do better in the future. Let me know how much it cost you to read it and reply and I'll happily reimburse you.
Nice engineering, also make sure you see if there's a refund policy from management for poopy face critics...again, nice work brother

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did something like this for my Leaf back in 2017 and now for my wife's Bolt but I like yours better. Were where you back then. I wrapped a plant hanger hook onto the plug with duck tape so I could hang it on a loop out of the way near the car

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had to go over an overhead garage door. I didn't have enough slack to just go way over it and I was worried about sagging if I just cleared it. My solution was to install a gutter 2 inches above where the door travels and lay the cable in that. If you wander around a big box long enough, a solution will probably come to you.

·
Registered
9 Posts

View attachment 28985
Love it and will copy shamelessly!
I did the same but also bought a motion detector light and mounted it to shine on the port in the dark. Tada!

·
Registered
528 Posts
To finish my hanging chord, mentioned earlier, I got an EVSE nozzle holder from Amazon. It's only a piece of plastic that receives and attaches to the nozzle. It hangs by a bungee cord. When hanging the nozzle, you want to be very careful that it is secured well. Dropping it from a height onto the concrete floor is likely to break it and then you will be in a world of hurt, and without home charging until it's repaired.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been contemplating putting down a tough foam pad on the garage floor where the j1772 resides. It would be a bugger to fix if it broke and it looks like it would break if I dropped it on the floor. I'm pretty sure Clipper Creek would repair the EVSE if I mailed it in but it would be expensive.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Dropping it from a height onto the concrete floor is likely to break it
I unintentionally did a drop test from about 4 feet onto the concrete of my OEM supplied EVSE connector. Survived the drop. The sound of it hitting the concrete was a little disturbing.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I unintentionally did a drop test from about 4 feet onto the concrete of my OEM supplied EVSE connector. Survived the drop. The sound of it hitting the concrete was a little disturbing.
Try 6 1/2 ft. and let us know how that works out...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts