Chevy Bolt EV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a reservation at an air bnb that offers EV charging. When I asked about the type of charger she sent me this photo (apparently she does not have a charger but does have 220 service) Gas Fixture Font Circle Rectangle
Notice 3 prongs. My outlet I use at home for my level 2 charger only has 2 prongs. Automotive tire Audio equipment Gas Machine Auto part
Do you think I can plug my level 2 charger into her outlet?

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As everyone here has said, the outlet at your AirBnB is a 14-50 outlet. You are currently using a 6-50 outlet at home. I will just add that the 14-50 outlet at the AirBnb is one of the most common 220-240V outlet types. You will find them at many campgrounds and RV parks, etc. So if you were going to invest in ANY electrical adapter for your EV charger, buying this adapter would be one of the better investments for you to make. There's a good chance you would use it again somewhere in the future.
Well that is interesting information and a good point. Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2017 Chevy Bolt
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You're not in Maryland, are you? I have that exact adapter that Mateo1147 posted just sitting in my basement collecting dust. Never used. I will sell it cheap... but if I ship it, you might as well get it from Amazon.
Kind offer, but I think we will go with an Amazon (can return if need be).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts